Mailing List Archive

Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster...
Re: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
Calvin,

I obtained this from someone on the list a while back. It's basically a
c program to replace the shell and perl script. Just compile and install
in your path. Make sure to update your external command path within
MythTV setup. Since it makes usleep calls it can decress the delay
between digits to less than a second.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

send_channel(int number) {
static char command[100];
sprintf(command,"/usr/local/bin/rc SEND_ONCE \"gi-motorola-dct2000\"
\"%d\"",
number);
system(command);
}

send_exit() {
static char command[100];
sprintf(command,"/usr/local/bin/rc SEND_ONCE \"gi-motorola-dct2000\"
\"ENTER\"
");
system(command);
}

main (int argc, char *argv[]) {
int channel, hundreds, tens, ones;
channel=atoi(argv[1]);
if(channel>999) {
fprintf(stderr,"error- channel is 4 digits\n");
channel=channel%1000;
}
hundreds=channel/100;
channel=channel-(hundreds*100);
tens=channel/10;
ones=channel=channel-(tens*10);

send_channel(hundreds);
usleep(300000);
send_channel(tens);
usleep(300000);
send_channel(ones);
usleep(300000);
send_exit();

return 0;
}

Re: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
A comment and question on this.

The comment: Debian-Sid uses the name "irsend" for the program "rc". No
indication why, though in a Unix/Linux context, "rc" has another common
meaning.

The question: where does one get the Perl script? The Myth HowTo says this:

"See contrib/channel.pl for the actual file. Copy it to
/usr/local/bin/".

Where is "contrib/channel.pl"?

(Robert - I've suggested before that this is a style problem that pervades
the HowTo -- specficiation of relative paths with insufficient context to
deduce the absolute path. In this instance, I can't even determine from
context if I should be looking for a path on my host or one on the MythTV
Web site, or perhaps even on the LIRC Web site.)

At 12:01 PM 6/6/2003 -0500, Carlos Talbot wrote:
>Calvin,
>
>I obtained this from someone on the list a while back. It's basically a c
>program to replace the shell and perl script. Just compile and install in
>your path. Make sure to update your external command path within MythTV
>setup. Since it makes usleep calls it can decress the delay between digits
>to less than a second.
[program deleted]
Re: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
On Friday 06 June 2003 01:45 pm, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> A comment and question on this.
>
> The comment: Debian-Sid uses the name "irsend" for the program "rc". No
> indication why, though in a Unix/Linux context, "rc" has another common
> meaning.
>
> The question: where does one get the Perl script? The Myth HowTo says this:
>
> "See contrib/channel.pl for the actual file. Copy it to
> /usr/local/bin/".
>
> Where is "contrib/channel.pl"?

Source tarball, of course. Can't give an absolute path since who knows where
the user decompressed things.

Isaac
RE: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the script

Note, if you copy and paste, take out the extra \" from the strings.
sprintf(command,"/usr/local/bin/rc SEND_ONCE \"gi-motorola-dct2000\"
\"%d\"", number);

Should be
sprintf(command,"/usr/local/bin/rc SEND_ONCE gi-motorola-dct2000 %d",
number);

And change the gi-motorola-dct2000 to what your remote is called in
lircd.conf

Works a lot faster, thanks for reposting Carlos Talbot!!

RE: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
'irsend' replaces 'rc' in the latest CVS snap shots.
Not sure why, but it surprised me when things did not work at first.
And again I repeated to myself 'RTFM'!.

RE: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
RE: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
At 11:13 AM 6/6/2003 -0700, Adrian Burden wrote:
>'irsend' replaces 'rc' in the latest CVS snap shots.
>Not sure why, but it surprised me when things did not work at first.
>And again I repeated to myself 'RTFM'!.

Do you mean of Myth or of LIRC?

If Myth, I'm not surprised, since Isaac uses Debian.

In either case, the HowTo should probably be corrected, since this is
apparently not just a Debian peculiarity.
RE: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]
Re: Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster... [ In reply to ]