people on the RHL9 mailing list).

If there is a good place to host it, converting it from the plain-text
that it now is to html would be a good thing... I don't know if it
would be possible to have it posted on in the MythTV docs section...
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@wilsonet.com>
"A wise man once said nothing at all."
Re: RHL9, MythTV & WinTV PVR-250 Guide [ In reply to ]
I for one would definitely like to the that doc as I'm knee deep (literally) in computer parts while trying to get a grasp on linux and mythtv all simultaneously.

"Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw@wilsonet.com> wrote:Would anyone like me to share a detailed guide in which I documented
every step (I think) along the way to getting MythTV fully configured
and working under Red Hat Linux 9 with ALSA powering a SB Audigy,
TV-out on an nVidia video card, and a WinTV PVR-250 (and the new grey
remote fully functional)? It is rather long and detailed, so I don't
know that spamming the list with it would be the best thing, but I'm
ready and willing to share (I've already distributed it to a number of

Re: RHL9, MythTV & WinTV PVR-250 Guide [ In reply to ]
Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> Would anyone like me to share a detailed guide in which I documented
> every step (I think) along the way to getting MythTV fully configured
> and working under Red Hat Linux 9 with ALSA powering a SB Audigy, TV-out
> on an nVidia video card, and a WinTV PVR-250 (and the new grey remote
> fully functional)?

If you've discovered anything that may be useful to others
that isn't covered clearly in the documentation, send your
suggestions or suggested text here or to the address in the
documentation. Dozens of people have written things like
you suggest and this information is lost to the world. That
may be a good thing, however, because they are often full
of half-truths and mis-information. If you contribute to the
documentation it will be seen (or should be seen ;-) by
everyone who installs MythTV. You will also know that you've
given something back in return for the privilege of using
this software for free.

-- bjm
Re: RHL9, MythTV & WinTV PVR-250 Guide [ In reply to ]
Yes I would make benefit of this.

Re: RHL9, MythTV & WinTV PVR-250 Guide [ In reply to ]
The first draft of it is now posted up at this link:

I've pretty much verified that everything there works as advertised,
save one thing. Something is still wonky if the backend is started from
the init script, because it loads before X. If I wait until loading X,
then run the init script, everything is gravy. (I posted a
more-detailed message about this just a bit ago).

I'll be converting the to html and embedding links to assorted stuff
sometime later today, hopefully...

Everything save the automatic startup works beautifully on my 47" HDTV
right now though!
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@wilsonet.com>
"A wise man once said nothing at all."

RE: RHL9, MythTV & WinTV PVR-250 Guide [ In reply to ]
Same here :-)

[...]

_____

Do you Yahoo!?
Free online
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/*http://calendar.yahoo.com> calendar
with sync to Outlook(TM).
RE: Re: RHL9, MythTV & WinTV PVR-250 Guide [ In reply to ]
I use an Audigy 2 sound board with the Open Sound oss Drivers have any
suggestions anyone on what I can do to fix this with the PVR-250?

chris