Mailing List Archive

HOWTO : Redhat 9.0 / WinTV-PVR-250
Greetings all,

I have been contemplating a setup to achieve TiVO like functionality for
quite sometime. Last year I bought a Avermedia card and attempted to achieve
this in windows. I failed to say the least. I started to research TiVO. I
didn't want to spend the money on something I know is possible with a PC. So
I dropped the idea and just learned to live without. A few months ago I
bought used Series 1 TiVO on ebay for $50. It is awesome! Getting shows off
of it are somewhat of a hassle and paying the subscription fee isn't
acceptable. I work in a geek environment and when Wired published the
article about MythTV at least 10 people sent me the link. I went home and
started working on replacing my TiVO. I am pretty comfortable with linux and
have completed such tasks as running nearly all of my win32 games in Linux
and setting up webservers, firewalls, and various other in-depth tasks. The
one thing I have always done is avoided compiling and always opted for RPMs
to save me!

MythTV instructions are lacking in some areas for some distributions.
Specifically for RH9. I am not looking for an RPM solution but rather some
detailed RH9 instructions. I know many of you have successfully got Myth
running on RH9 and I would like to stay with RH9 if possible. Are there any
resources for RH9 and Myth?

I don't want someone to hold my hand and I am not looking for a RPM quick
fix. I would like to do this properly and learn something from it with
documenation geared towards my OS.

Thank you,

Rob

Re: HOWTO : Redhat 9.0 / WinTV-PVR-250 [ In reply to ]
Re: HOWTO : Redhat 9.0 / WinTV-PVR-250 [ In reply to ]
I am currently in the middle of building a RH9 MythTv
box, and found this guide very helpful

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=63078#63078

kudo's to Jeff

There are some others linked off