Mailing List Archive

Actisys + Lircd + channel.pl = not sending....

I know this is not a list for Lirc but I wanted to see if anyone has come across this before. Everything with the install
goes fine until I try to change the channel by hand with the channel script. This is what I have done...

Actisys IR-200L

setup.sh
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
make
make install

modprobe lirc_sir
cp remotes/motorola/DCT2000 /etc/lircd.conf
chmod 666 /dev/lircd

lsmod - lirc_sir module is loaded
/usr/local/sbin/lircd

irw - watching for commands but nothing happens just sits there waiting

/usr/local/bin/channel.pl 30

Nothing errors either in /var/log/lircd or /var/log/messages

Lircd is running and loads the Actisys IR-200L driver on startup

I also ran a script call channel.sh and it gives me errrors saying the device only allows recieving commands not sending. I
then searched the archives and found someone that added something to their configure string for lirc for transmitter. That
also produced the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System info...

Redhat 9.0 with newest kernel (fresh install yesterday)

Mythtv - CVS from yesterday
Lircd - CVS from yesterday
Ivtv - CVS from yesterday

Actisys IR-200L
PVR 250
S-Video with DCT2000 Digital Cable box
AMD Athlon 2200 XP
1st Mainboard AU13 w/nvidia2

RE: Actisys + Lircd + channel.pl = not sending.... [ In reply to ]
I had no luck sending with a Actisys IR-200L. Works find under windoze
but under LIRC it has a locked sending frequency. I did get it running,
but not vert reliable. I ended up building a homebrew transmitter, and
it works like a charm..

Cheers...

Re: Actisys + Lircd + channel.pl = not sending.... [ In reply to ]

Ack, I wonder why they mention the Actisys in the MythTv Docs? This blows... Anyone out there have this working?

Cal