well, this machine with an ATI TV Wonder VE as the capture card, it is
not possible to see LiveTV, it "jumps" too much, reading on the website,
etc.... what are your opinions? Buy a WinTV 350 for example ($200) ?
Will this be enough to watch Live TV and record or should I go to a
complete upgrade of the system, let's say >1.5ghz ??

Thanks for you opinions and again, it looks wonderful, it always
surprise me the amount of work that people can do... just for fun!! ;-)

K.

Re: Capture card upgrade vs new machine [ In reply to ]
A lot of the old k6 motherboards especially with VIA chipsets had broken
PCI implementations, and had big
problems playing video/DVD's. I had an old FIC motherboard I could
never get to play DVD's on, and when I
swapped it out for a BX chipset/Celeron 450, suddenly everything was
fixed. Take your $200 and go buy a
modern motherboard and a Athlon 2100 or close and forget the K6.