exiting MythWeather, leaving a video in MythVideo
and when leaving the playlist editor in MythMusic.

~John
Re: irxevent dies... [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 01 June 2003 07:39 pm, undisclosed wrote:
> when using irxevent to control myth using my
> creative remove, it occationally dies when
> exiting a screen (hitting the 'ESC' key which is
> mapped to shift+0 on the remote) with the
> following error:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 25 (X_SendEvent)
> Resource id in failed request: 0xc00217
> Serial number of failed request: 261
> Current serial number in output stream: 263
>
> anyone else seeing this? So far I have seen it when
> exiting MythWeather, leaving a video in MythVideo
> and when leaving the playlist editor in MythMusic.

I'm not, but you could always set things up so irxevent restarts itself so it
can recover from such a thing..

Isaac
Re: irxevent dies... [ In reply to ]
Is this just because we're using creative remotes! I never thought of trying
other remotes, no way, that would be an easy way to fix the problem lol.
Anyway I'm using the Creative RM1000 that came with my extigy. I get these
exact errors every so often, and they are very annoying because the kill the
irxevent. If there is a workaround to autostart irxevent back up again, that
would be awesome, not sure if mythfrontend has to be reinitializes though
when this happens. Is this problem only with this remote, I might just
switch.