Mailing List Archive

MythTV(current CVS)+RH9+PVR250 in Australia
Hi all - fantastic job on MythTV and getting me most of the way to a family media-centre solution that will keep my kids happy ;-) I have ivtv and MythTV working nicely...except for two things. I am hopeful that some pointers may arise from this post that will help me further along.... Q1) How do I get TV listings for Australia (noting that tv_grab_aus is no longer available)? Q2) Do I need xmltv to be fully-functional to (just) view TV and change channels in MythTV (ie, not view program schedules)? I can change channels via ivtv's ptune.pl (after changing %NTSC_CABLE to %PAL_AUSTRALIA) and view the different channel in either MythTV or "mplayer /dev/video0". However, MythTV's channel-changing is not functioning. Many thanks, Paul

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. 30MB of storage on ninemsn Groups - great for sharing photos and documents. http://g.msn.com/8HMTENAU/2737??PS="] Sign up now.
Re: MythTV(current CVS)+RH9+PVR250 in Australia [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 01 June 2003 12:39 am, Paul Pettigrew wrote:
> Q2) Do I need xmltv to be fully-functional to (just) view TV and change
> channels in MythTV (ie, not view program schedules)?

Yes. The channel table in the database needs to be populated for it to
function properly.

Isaac
Re: MythTV(current CVS)+RH9+PVR250 in Australia [ In reply to ]
Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Sunday 01 June 2003 12:39 am, Paul Pettigrew wrote:
>

>>Q2) Do I need xmltv to be fully-functional to (just) view TV and change
>>channels in MythTV (ie, not view program schedules)?
>>

>Yes. The channel table in the database needs to be populated for it to
>function properly.

Well, there are other ways to do that, e.g. phpMyAdmin or my setup app
<http://www.bucksch.com/1/projects/various/mythtv/setup-kylix>.
Re: MythTV(current CVS)+RH9+PVR250 in Australia [ In reply to ]
Q1) Don't know

Q2) No, you don't need XMLTV working to view LiveTV and change channels,
though it would help to get an initial grab to populate your channel table;
otherwise you'll have to manually do that. I think mythfilldatabase may have
an option to take input from a file, so you'd probably just need a bogus
listsings XML file for an initial run of mythfilldatabase.

-JAC

PS- PLEASE don't send HTML-formatted messages. Not everyone has (or prefers
to use) an HTML-aware mail client.