Mailing List Archive

Database error when trying to run MythTV
Hi guys. Have a little problem that I hope someone can
help me with. I am running MythTV 0.8, Redhat 9. I
have built MythTV successfully, had some troubles
there. QT 3.1 came preinstalled but in
/usr/lib/qt-3.1. Being a Linux newbie this did get me
for a bit heh. Anyway, after building it, and running
mythfilldatabase I get this error when trying to run
MythTV. Any idea what might be the problem? One
other piece of info, I initially had a similar error
regarding not being able to connect to the database
when running setup, but found that I hadnt installed
qt-MySQL. Found the RPM and installed it and setup
ran fine. While running mythfilldatabase I got the
message below quite a few times. I hope I have given
enough info for someone to help me. Thanks for any
help!

Error message below -->

Session management error: Authentication Rejected,
reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Could not connect to backend server

http://calendar.yahoo.com
Re: Database error when trying to run MythTV [ In reply to ]
Doh, I had lost my place in the docs and didnt run
mythbackend. I still dont know what:

Session management error: Authentication Rejected,
reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed

Is all about though, and in setup theres no inputs
listed for any of the video sources, when i check the
console session I see that it says it cant probe
/dev/video0 through /dev/video4. Perhaps its the
built in drivers for the ATI All in Wonder Rage 128 im
using, im going to go to Gatos and see about getting
those drivers and getting them installed.

(Garbage trimmed)

Re: Database error when trying to run MythTV [ In reply to ]
Sounds like you're logged into X under one user & trying to run mythfrontend
as a different user that doesn't have permission to access the display.

-JAC