and then play test.mpg, I see BBC2.

So, how do I tell Mythtv that BBC2 is at 624000?

Thanks.
RE: Help with channel setup in the UK. [ In reply to ]
mythfilldatabase --manual is where you specify the channel frequency.
Run mythfilldatabase --manual again, and when one of the questions asks
for "channel number (as in xatv)" and offers you the default of the tv
channel's website as a value, enter the frequency channel here.

FYI, the UK channels for me are:
BBC1 26
BBC2 33
ITV1 23
CH4 30
CH5 37

Obviously these will vary over the country, but these work in North
London OK.
If you are good with MySQL, you could manually edit the channels table
in the database to set the frequency (I think this will work!).

Andy