I like the gui method, but I'm wondering if we'll be able (ultimately)
to specify per-file-type invocations of players?

-Ian
--
__________________________________
Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
CYTBeN, Inc.
ian@duckland.org / iaan@cytben.com
Re: MythVideo CVS, mplayer, and MythTivo [ In reply to ]
Does this also mean I can no longer stream internet radio thru
mythvideo by specifying an alternate player for .pls files?
If so that's a major bummer.

Ian Forde(ian@duckland.org)@2003.05.29 11:34:39 +0000:

Mark Ethan Trostler mark@zzo.com
Computing Solutions http://www.zzo.com
Re: MythVideo CVS, mplayer, and MythTivo [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 11:34, Ian Forde wrote:
> Yesterday I upgraded to the mythtv CVS (and mythvideo and every thing
> else...) to get the new mythvideo look. I like it so far. A couple of
> downsides though...
>
> With the new gui-based way of configuring mythvideo, I've noticed that
> mythvideo-settings.txt isn't used any more. This therefore eliminates
> the ability to specify different parameters for different video types
> such as:
> 1. DVD playing. Since I've got an entry coming off the main menu which
> I like better, I'm not concerned here.
> 2. MythTivo. I'd need to invoke mplayer with some streaming options,
> which I won't be able to to. (Never mind the fact that I can't even get
> it to compile right now...)

D'oh! There's a mythtivo-settings.txt file! But the original question
(below) still stands...

--
__________________________________
ian@duckland.org / ian@cytben.com
Re: MythVideo CVS, mplayer, and MythTivo [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 12:05, mark@zzo.com wrote:
> Does this also mean I can no longer stream internet radio thru
> mythvideo by specifying an alternate player for .pls files?
> If so that's a major bummer.

Looks that way to me for now!

Incidentally, does anyone know were the CVS repository is for mythtivo?
(Or, failing that, is there a version that will compile with current
mythtv CVS?)

-I
--
__________________________________
Re: MythVideo CVS, mplayer, and MythTivo [ In reply to ]
I am planning on adding the ability to specify multiple players based on file
extension. I wanted to put what I had into cvs so I had just setup a default
player for the time being.

-John

------- End of Original Message -------
Re: MythVideo CVS, mplayer, and MythTivo [ In reply to ]
John Danner wrote:
> I am planning on adding the ability to specify multiple players based on file
> extension. I wanted to put what I had into cvs so I had just setup a default
> player for the time being.
>
> -John

Why clutter the gui and database with a possible list of 30 extentions?
Leave it as is and add a script that does all the work for you. I've
attached my crappy script that can be modified to suit.

Follow the unix way :) don't bother with extentions - check the file
type. Remember - scripts are not a bad thing.

--
Brent Graveland
brent@graveland.net