-- Florian

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
Re: Statusbar in the mythtv viewer mode [ In reply to ]
This is normal behavior if you are using kde or gnome. A lightweight
window manager like blackbox suits mythtv much better. Check around in
the archives, and you'll find some threads about this.

Brett

Re: Statusbar in the mythtv viewer mode [ In reply to ]
At 10:31 PM 5/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>This is normal behavior if you are using kde or gnome. A lightweight
>window manager like blackbox suits mythtv much better. Check around in
>the archives, and you'll find some threads about this.

Under KDE you can set your task bar to allow windows to "cover" it. Its a
desktop setting. That should solve your issue on KDE.

-Jeff
Re: Statusbar in the mythtv viewer mode [ In reply to ]
> At 10:31 PM 5/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >This is normal behavior if you are using kde or gnome. A lightweight
> >window manager like blackbox suits mythtv much better. Check around in
> >the archives, and you'll find some threads about this.
>
> Under KDE you can set your task bar to allow windows to "cover" it. Its a
>
> desktop setting. That should solve your issue on KDE.

Thank you for the answer. But why is it covered for the mythTV menu or
mplayer and not for the
mythTV player?

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
Re: Statusbar in the mythtv viewer mode [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 11:47:57PM -0300, Jeff C wrote:
> At 10:31 PM 5/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >This is normal behavior if you are using kde or gnome. A lightweight
> >window manager like blackbox suits mythtv much better. Check around in
> >the archives, and you'll find some threads about this.
>
> Under KDE you can set your task bar to allow windows to "cover" it. Its a
> desktop setting. That should solve your issue on KDE.

I prefer to set the panel to autohide (not allowing other windows to cover
it. This way it is gone most of the time, but if I specifically need it
(i.e., for those rare times I'm having a problem with mythtv), all I need
to do is to move the (invisible :-) mouse to the bottom of the screen and
the panel pops up, allowing me to select the mythbackend terminal window
to see what is happening. :-)

...dave