play button on a video file in mythVideo causes up to 15sec delay before the
video starts. Executing the same "mplayer" cmd from the cmd line the video
starts immediately.
Where is the problem and what can be done?
Thank you,
Florian

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
RE: MythVideo delay before start [ In reply to ]

I have seen this, although in my case it's more like 10 seconds. Sorry I
don't have solution, but sometimes mine starts nearly straight away and
sometimes it doesn't. Looking at the logs, I can see mplayer spewing out a
whole lot of debug info. Specifically it prints a line with "cache fill
xxx%" or something like that. It then overwrites it with the next value. It
does this many thousands of times when you start a video. It seems the video
doesn't start until this cache reaches a certain point.

Perhaps mplayer has a "quite" switch allowing you to turn off this debug
info (specifically the cache stuff) which you don't see anyway. I'm at work
so I can't try it out on my box. Bit of a long shot but your question jogged
my memory.

I haven't investigated much further than this since the delay doesn't bug me
that much (yet).

Christian.
RE: MythVideo delay before start [ In reply to ]
> Perhaps mplayer has a "quite" switch allowing you to turn off this debug
> info (specifically the cache stuff) which you don't see anyway.

That's "quiet". Duh it's too early

Christian
RE: MythVideo delay before start [ In reply to ]
I use the "quiet" option as proposed in the mythVideo sample config file...
hm