Mailing List Archive

Audio problems solved - but now picture dropping out
I spent the day formatting and reinstalling in an effort to rid myself of
the jerky video problems with live TV. It seems to have worked and I kept
notes and intend to put together a RH9 document to submit for consideration
for posting if anyone is interested.

Now when I run Myth (and hey, the buttons moved around) I can watch live TV
and with the exception of the first 2 seconds or so on a channel, I don't
get any skipping or drop outs. The EPG also works if I scroll one listing
at a time, or do the page down scrolling with reasonable pause between each
page. Otherwise audio drops out a bit during page changes.

However, a new oddity has emerged and I'm not entirely sure if it would be
Myth or the IVTV drivers for the 250 card I am using. I have been watching
live TV for the last few minutes and all of a suddent the screen with go
black, then bright blue then black and the audio will continue but the
video is no where to be found. If I exit the frontend and start it up
again, everything is fine again. Neither the front end or the backend are
reporting any issues. I am running some tests now to try and get some more
information.

Both Myth and the IVTV drivers are from approximately 10-11AM EST this
morning. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? I haven't encountered it
before.

-Jeff
Re: Audio problems solved - but now picture dropping out [ In reply to ]
>However, a new oddity has emerged and I'm not entirely sure if it would be
>Myth or the IVTV drivers for the 250 card I am using. I have been
>watching live TV for the last few minutes and all of a suddent the screen
>with go black, then bright blue then black and the audio will continue but
>the video is no where to be found. If I exit the frontend and start it up
>again, everything is fine again. Neither the front end or the backend are
>reporting any issues. I am running some tests now to try and get some
>more information.

I'll take the shots on this one... I can't even believe it myself, as soon
as I clicked send I realized I hadn't reconfigured my desktop... sure
enough the default blank screen saver was snapping on. Problem
solved... Ouch...

-Jeff