channels on this box?

Thanks,
Jeff
RE: Wow Digital Cable [ In reply to ]
Yes. I have gotten mythTV [LIRC] to switch channels on this box. Use the
remotes/scientific atlanta/explorer 2200.conf file for lirc. Make sure at add
the line 'frequency 57600' around where the gap info and stuff is. I found
this out by installing the actisys in windows and doing some tests with windows
programs. The default frequency for lirc if nothing is specified is 38000.

The Actisys200L as described in the docs does not work for this box as far as I
can tell. Search the list for [actisys and lirc]. I believe the lirc_sir
driver in lirc is hardcoded to frequency 38000, so its a no-go with these
boxes. There are a few posts on it.

The solution is to build your own transmitter circuit:
http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html
It is not that hard. I built mine in 3 hours and it worked 2nd time. 1st time
I had the LED polarity reversed. Works like a champ now. I was not able to
use the change_channel.csh method with mythtv 0.8 either, it seemed to worked
with liveTV, but scheduled shows would only show a gren or blue box that I
could not delete [backend segfault?]. I put the channel.pl script directly in
the backend setup window and it worked marvelously.

Good luck, Mike

http://search.yahoo.com
RE: RE: Wow Digital Cable [ In reply to ]

Wouldn't it be easier to change the source for the lirc_sir driver to use
57600 and recompile LIRC?

Not sure if that would work; just a thought.

-JAC
Re: RE: Wow Digital Cable [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 15:21, Michael Hill wrote:
> Yes. I have gotten mythTV [LIRC] to switch channels on this box. Use the
> remotes/scientific atlanta/explorer 2200.conf file for lirc. Make sure at add
> the line 'frequency 57600' around where the gap info and stuff is. I found
> this out by installing the actisys in windows and doing some tests with windows
> programs. The default frequency for lirc if nothing is specified is 38000.
>
> The Actisys200L as described in the docs does not work for this box as far as I
> can tell. Search the list for [actisys and lirc]. I believe the lirc_sir
> driver in lirc is hardcoded to frequency 38000, so its a no-go with these
> boxes. There are a few posts on it.
>
> The solution is to build your own transmitter circuit:
> http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html
> It is not that hard. I built mine in 3 hours and it worked 2nd time. 1st time
> I had the LED polarity reversed. Works like a champ now. I was not able to
> use the change_channel.csh method with mythtv 0.8 either, it seemed to worked
> with liveTV, but scheduled shows would only show a gren or blue box that I
> could not delete [backend segfault?]. I put the channel.pl script directly in
> the backend setup window and it worked marvelously.
>
> Good luck, Mike

Sounds great I'll take a look at this, I've never used lirc before so it
should be interesting. :-)

Thanks for the help.
- Jeff
RE: Wow Digital Cable [ In reply to ]
I did not try chaning the number. I assumed if it was hardcoded, then it would
not work at other numbers as it is a variable in the conf file, but this may
not be true. The answer I got on the LIRC list was to build the transmitter,
so I did. I think the xmitter has more range anyways.
-m