Mailing List Archive

Setup instructions: suggestion re Alsa on RH9
Re section 7.1, "Using ALSA drivers":

When building Alsa on my RH9 box, I kept getting errors regarding
missing dependencies during the build process. After a considerable
amount of digging, I found the following fix: on Some Rh9 installations,
you need to "touch include/linux/workqueue.h" within the alsa-driver-xxx
directory AFTER running ./configure but before executing build.

Worked like a charm. My machine locked HARD when attempting to capture
or view TV with the default OSS drivers installed; works great now!

Hope this will help some others with their sanity...

Maybe this would be a good addition to the docs?

== Steve