I am currently running .9 from CVS as of about 3 or 4 days ago.

I have noticed that when I tag a number of shows to record, the system
doesnt get them all.

I tested this overnight. I tagged six shows and the system only recorded 4
of them. There were no scheduling conflicts, and the shows it skipped were
number two and number four.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

-Jeff
RE: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
RE: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
At 07:52 PM 5/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Details, as requested, below...

RE: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
RE: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
At 08:19 PM 5/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Sorry, when I said, "what are the start and end times of each", I
>actually litterally meant it. (Just in case this is a crossing
>midnight or something like that issue)

>Just put in the channel, show, start time, end time for each of the
>programs and indicate whether it recorded or not. That might give
>someone else the chance to try to reproduce your situation.

I'll do another test tonight and take down everything in detail so I can do
that tomorrow.

>Also, there is no ".9", so I'm assuming that you're running CVS.

Yes, sorry, I meant the latest CVS as of 4 days ago.

>Are there any error messages in /var/log/messages from the ivtv
>driver at the time the program didn't record? Can you get this error
>to happen on a BT8x8 card to rule out the possibility that this is
>due to the alpha ivtv driver?

I will double check, but I don't believe so. I don't have a BT8x8 card so
I can't do the alternate test.

-Jeff
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 18 May 2003 09:57 am, Jeff C wrote:
> >Also, there is no ".9", so I'm assuming that you're running CVS.
>
> Yes, sorry, I meant the latest CVS as of 4 days ago.

Could update to current before retesting?

Isaac
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
At 10:29 AM 5/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sunday 18 May 2003 09:57 am, Jeff C wrote:
> > >Also, there is no ".9", so I'm assuming that you're running CVS.
> >
> > Yes, sorry, I meant the latest CVS as of 4 days ago.
>
>Could update to current before retesting?

I'll give it a shot. I had some headaches getting it installed but I'll
try it now and see what happens.

PS - I also just discovered that of the fours shows I scheduled yesterday,
the last two (trading spaces last night at 21:00 and 22:00 back to back)
didn't record at all... (TLC was the channel).

-Jeff
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 18 May 2003 10:34 am, Jeff C wrote:

> > > Yes, sorry, I meant the latest CVS as of 4 days ago.
> >
> >Could update to current before retesting?
>
> I'll give it a shot. I had some headaches getting it installed but I'll
> try it now and see what happens.
>
> PS - I also just discovered that of the fours shows I scheduled yesterday,
> the last two (trading spaces last night at 21:00 and 22:00 back to back)
> didn't record at all... (TLC was the channel).

Make sure they're not disabled recordings due to matching stuff you've already
recorded. They'd show up as greyed out in the view conflicts screen..

Isaac
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
At 10:39 AM 5/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> > PS - I also just discovered that of the fours shows I scheduled yesterday,
> > the last two (trading spaces last night at 21:00 and 22:00 back to back)
> > didn't record at all... (TLC was the channel).
>
>Make sure they're not disabled recordings due to matching stuff you've
>already
>recorded. They'd show up as greyed out in the view conflicts screen..

Good suggestion but I hadn't recorded a single episode of Trading Spaces
yet and I believe both of these were new (first airing) episodes as well.

-Jeff
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
At 10:39 AM 5/18/2003 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
[...]
> > PS - I also just discovered that of the fours shows I scheduled yesterday,
> > the last two (trading spaces last night at 21:00 and 22:00 back to back)
> > didn't record at all... (TLC was the channel).

If this is the right answer, it still indicates a bug of some sort. While
the 21:00 show was a rerun, the 22:00 show was being broadcast for the
first time. Thus, if it showed up as already recorded, thre is some problem
with the procedure, or the database, used to determine if something has
been recorded previously.
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 18 May 2003 10:34 am, Jeff C wrote:

> > > Yes, sorry, I meant the latest CVS as of 4 days ago.
> >
> >Could update to current before retesting?
>
> I'll give it a shot. I had some headaches getting it installed but I'll
> try it now and see what happens.

Also, when you're running mythbackend, could you use the -v option to it to
put it into verbose mode?

Isaac
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
> > I'll give it a shot. I had some headaches getting it installed but I'll
> > try it now and see what happens.
>
>Also, when you're running mythbackend, could you use the -v option to it to
>put it into verbose mode?
>
>Isaac

The compile worked fine this time. And no problem on the -v for backend -
will do.

Also - and shame on me for not looking in the docs on this yet - but how do
I enable the weather and music modules? Also, I only seem to have the
basic liquid blue theme operational, is this normal on initial install?

-Jeff
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 18 May 2003 11:43 am, Jeff C wrote:
> > > I'll give it a shot. I had some headaches getting it installed but
> > > I'll try it now and see what happens.
> >
> >Also, when you're running mythbackend, could you use the -v option to it
> > to put it into verbose mode?
> >
> >Isaac
>
> The compile worked fine this time. And no problem on the -v for backend -
> will do.

And if you can just verify that everything you selected _does_ show up to be
recorded in the view conflicts list, that'd be great. It should hopefully be
possible to track things down with all that (-v, current cvs, etc).

> Also - and shame on me for not looking in the docs on this yet - but how do
> I enable the weather and music modules? Also, I only seem to have the
> basic liquid blue theme operational, is this normal on initial install?

For the different modules, all you have to do is compile/install them. They
should show up automatically in the main menu. As for other themes, the only
ones that work currently (due to the UI rework) are blue and liquid.
Hopefully some others will get added to that list soon =)

Isaac
Re: .9 not recording all tagged shows [ In reply to ]
At 01:00 PM 5/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>And if you can just verify that everything you selected _does_ show up to be
>recorded in the view conflicts list, that'd be great. It should hopefully be
>possible to track things down with all that (-v, current cvs, etc).

Ok, I compiled the latest version and went in to select some more shows and
when I confirmed on the conflicts screen (which I've been doing all along)
I noticed my "missing" trading spaces episodes were appearing but for NEXT
saturday... very odd as I selected them yesterday as I was paging through
marking other shows... Also, they didn't appear here before I did the
upgrade...

> > Also - and shame on me for not looking in the docs on this yet - but how do
> > I enable the weather and music modules? Also, I only seem to have the
> > basic liquid blue theme operational, is this normal on initial install?
>
>For the different modules, all you have to do is compile/install them. They
>should show up automatically in the main menu. As for other themes, the only
>ones that work currently (due to the UI rework) are blue and liquid.
>Hopefully some others will get added to that list soon =)

Perfect, thanks, I'll grab them and give them a try.

Is there any support for MP3 streamed internet radio stations in the music
module? ;)

-Jeff