The laptop has Xv support and is running alsa for sound so it should
have the basics covered.

...Kevin
Re: building / installing mythfrontend only? [ In reply to ]
Kevin J. Slater wrote:

> Ok, so I have a combined frontend / backend box. I built it on RH 7.3. I
> also have a laptop with RH 7.3 and I'm thinking it would be nice to have
> a mythfrontend installed there. Do I have to go through the whole
> stinking build process (installing mysql, xmltv, etc.)? Or can I somehow
> grab up what I've built on the set top box and copy / install it onto
> the laptop? If so, does anyone know how?

You only need a Qt with mysql support (be sure to install the rpm for
that) and an install of the mythtv source/rpm (same version as on the
backend) When you set it up, put your db server's IP in the mysql.txt
file, and all will work (you need to set mysql to be able to accept
connections from your laptop's IP, too)

Pete
Re: building / installing mythfrontend only? [ In reply to ]
> Kevin J. Slater wrote:
>
>> Ok, so I have a combined frontend / backend box. I built it on RH 7.3.
>> I also have a laptop with RH 7.3 and I'm thinking it would be nice to
>> have a mythfrontend installed there. Do I have to go through the
>> whole stinking build process (installing mysql, xmltv, etc.)? Or can
>> I somehow grab up what I've built on the set top box and copy /
>> install it onto the laptop? If so, does anyone know how?
>
> You only need a Qt with mysql support (be sure to install the rpm for
> that) and an install of the mythtv source/rpm (same version as on the
> backend) When you set it up, put your db server's IP in the mysql.txt
> file, and all will work (you need to set mysql to be able to accept
> connections from your laptop's IP, too)

I think you also need libmp3lame.so.0. ldd is your friend :-)

Larry