reported closing the connection. Now I can't start the TV again, even after
restarting the backend. But the TV sound is still playing. Rebooted Linux and
sound stopped.
RE: Captioning & MythTV task terminated itself [ In reply to ]
RE: Captioning & MythTV task terminated itself [ In reply to ]
>> 1. Does MythTV support close captioning? I assume "no",
>> since I haven't seen any mention of it.
>
>Did you read keys.txt? It's mentioned there as "T".

I missed this file. Thanks for pointing it out. But I don't think US closed
caption is working.

I've tried "T" during programs for which I know there is closed captioning
(checked it on my real TV). But couldn't get closed captioning to show on
MythTV using the "T". I tried this on both Live TV and recorded. (My Live TV
is still in slow motion so this test may not be valid.)

From the code in NuppleVideoPlayer.cpp and NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp, it looks
like US captions haven't been implemented yet (search for "caption" in these
files).

rtframeheader in format.h defines a code for US closed caption.

globalsettings.cpp and backendsettings.cpp have some close that looks like it
could be used to set for US closed captions. So I set Vbi format to "NTSC
Closed Caption", restarted the backend, and still didn't get captions.

There were also two threads on the MythTV Dev list in Jan. 2003 which interpret
as meaning that US closed captioning isn't supported yet.
Re: Captioning & MythTV task terminated itself [ In reply to ]

v> I missed this file. Thanks for pointing it out. But I don't think
v> US closed caption is working.

Are you using release 0.8 or CVS? US closed caption started
working after 0.8.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net
RE: Captioning & MythTV task terminated itself [ In reply to ]
RE: Captioning & MythTV task terminated itself [ In reply to ]
Thanks for letting me know. I am using the RPM (0.8).