Mailing List Archive

Hercules SmartTV PCI Card
Acording to http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=59&b=0&f=1 this
card has a BT 878 chipset, however I've been unable to find a mention of
that card in the bttv documentation
(/usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv)

Lately I've found lots of surprises with TV Tuner cards. For instance, I
bought a WinTV GO thinking it had a BT878 chip, however they now have a
CX21881 chip which is not supported by the bttv driver (there is a cx88
driver in progress, but it's very alpha). Another example is the
Pinnacle PCTV Rave, which used to work with the bttv driver, but new
models have a new tuner so sound doesn't work
(http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-April/002869.html)

Has anyone experience with the Hercules card lately? I would like to buy
it, but want to be sure it will work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos