MythTV be able to use this card for this purpose?

Thanks in advance!

Desmond

Re: WinTV PVR-pci AVI capture... [ In reply to ]
Desmond Rivet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Hauppauge site seems to indicate that the WinTV PVR-pci can do raw
> AVI capture. Is this functionality supported under MythTV? That is to
> say, if I wanted to forgo the MPEG2 capture and just capture straight to
> AVI, would MythTV be able to use this card for this purpose?

MythTV does not support any features of any cards. It supports
interactions with device drivers. MythTV does not support
the PVR-250/350, it uses the ivtv driver which supports the
PVR-250/350 cards. Myth does not support any WinTV cards. It
works with the bttv driver which supports WinTV cards.

Unless you have a video4linux driver for this card, the answer
is no. You may want to ask your questions about the possibility
of future device driver support for this card on the ivtv
mailing list.

-- bjm
Re: WinTV PVR-pci AVI capture... [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 03:38:05AM +0000, Desmond Rivet wrote:
> The Hauppauge site seems to indicate that the WinTV PVR-pci can do raw AVI
> capture. Is this functionality supported under MythTV? That is to say, if I
> wanted to forgo the MPEG2 capture and just capture straight to AVI, would
> MythTV be able to use this card for this purpose?

This card is basically a bttv-style card with an mpeg encoder hanging off
of the bt878's GPIOs and I2S bus. There is also a separate video decoder
hanging off the I2C bus. This card is supported as a generic bttv device
with recent versions of the bttv driver. The driver must load some
firmware onto the card before audio works properly. Because of the way
this card's architecture is, I suspect it will not support the btaudio
method of capturing sound.

-- Gerald