Thanks for any input. Looking to move on a new motherboard this weekend. Has to
fit my micro-atx case.

...Kevin

Re: None [ In reply to ]
I would second that and ask does anyone know where you can reliably buy
a Nehemiah core M10000 board? All the places I've been able to find
online either only list the older core board or don't specify.

Re: None [ In reply to ]
Shawn Edwards wrote:

> I would second that and ask does anyone know where you can reliably
> buy a Nehemiah core M10000 board? All the places I've been able to
> find online either only list the older core board or don't specify.
>
> Kevin J. Slater wrote:
>
>> Is anybody using a VIA EPIA M10000 (Nehemiah core) motherboard for
>> Myth? I have
>> a M9000 which I'm using and with software only it's adequate for
>> record or
>> playback, but not both (live). I'm hoping that even if I have to do
>> software
>> encode/decode with a M10000, it will be able to handle at least 352 x
>> 480 live.
>> Also, does anyone know if the additional options in the Nehemiah core
>> allow the
>> processor to be classified as something better than i586?
>>
>> I'm less interested in folks using them with PVR-250 cards unless you
>> happen to
>> have some numbers on how much processor is being used in record,
>> playback and
>> live scenarios.
>>
>> Thanks for any input. Looking to move on a new motherboard this
>> weekend. Has to
>> fit my micro-atx case.
>>
>> ...Kevin

Monarchcomputer.com lists the core you are looking for.
Re: None [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 01:22:32PM -0500, Shawn Edwards wrote:
> I would second that and ask does anyone know where you can reliably buy
> a Nehemiah core M10000 board?

newegg in City of Industry, CA:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=epia+m

mwave:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/doSearch.hmx?bop=and&scriteria=epia+m&UID=&CID=&Back=&n=1
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/specb/ba19177.html

Erik Hovland
mail: erik@hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request
Re: None [ In reply to ]
I may be dense here (wouldn't be the first time) but I'm not seeing on
either of these links where it states the core of the processor. Is it
embedded in the mfr's part number or something? I just don't want to
buy a Ezra core chip when I'm trying to buy a Nehemiah core chip.
Unless it states specifcally, I'm not going to chance it.

The earlier link to Monarch did have a Nehemiah board specifically listed.

Erik Hovland wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 01:22:32PM -0500, Shawn Edwards wrote:
>
>>I would second that and ask does anyone know where you can reliably buy
>>a Nehemiah core M10000 board?
>

> newegg in City of Industry, CA:
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=epia+m
>
> mwave:
> http://www.mwave.com/mwave/doSearch.hmx?bop=and&scriteria=epia+m&UID=&CID=&Back=&n=1
> http://www.mwave.com/mwave/specb/ba19177.html

-Shawn Edwards

Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish. Teach a man to fish, you give
up your monopoly on fisheries.
Re: None [ In reply to ]
The picture in the newegg and Monarchcomputer.com have a bigger heatsink
on the chipset and fan on the processor. The one at mwave has a small
heatsink on the chipset and nothing on the processor. I wouldn't rely on
a picture though.
Does anyone know where you can get hold of one of these in the UK?
Or when the faster processors are supposed to be getting released?