tuner untouched and records from the wrong channel.
The same is with livetv. mythtv doesn't tune in the last choosen
channel before livetv is activated.

I use nxtvepg as an epg collecting daemon and it zapps through the
epg-provider-channels while collecting data. When mythtv tries to
access the tuner it releases the tuner but mythtv thinks the last
choosen (viewed) channel had never changed.

greetz, markus
Re: mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv [ In reply to ]
I'm double posting this to the dev group because I think it more belongs
there.

I too have seen this. Using the CVS from Sunday (after the restoral)
I started noticing it can't change channels with Live TV. What
I at first thought was only a problem with Live TV, I found out
today that even programed recordings its unable to change
channels. For example I set it to record ABC 8-10 tonight.
After the show I went to watch it and while it described
the ABC show, etc.. It actually recorded NBC. The same
station it seems to be stuck on while watching Live TV.

One more minor complaint with this version over the
last mid-April one I've used for 3 weeks, I guess I really
prefer the old Program Guide format. While the new one
looks sharper visually, it doesn't make near as good of
screen real estate usage, uses smaller unadjustable fonts,
and can't show as many programs/stations on the screen
at once. I really hate to rain on someones hard work, but
I prefer the old one... Maybe I'm the only one...
(BTW, I'm viewing it at about 12 feet to a 43" TV).

Thanks
Brian

Re: mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv [ In reply to ]
On Monday 05 May 2003 11:21 pm, Brian Foddy wrote:
> One more minor complaint with this version over the
> last mid-April one I've used for 3 weeks, I guess I really
> prefer the old Program Guide format. While the new one
> looks sharper visually, it doesn't make near as good of
> screen real estate usage, uses smaller unadjustable fonts,
> and can't show as many programs/stations on the screen
> at once. I really hate to rain on someones hard work, but
> I prefer the old one... Maybe I'm the only one...
> (BTW, I'm viewing it at about 12 feet to a 43" TV).

It's customizeable -- it should be possible to replicate the same look + feel
as the old program guide. Just edit the ui.xml file =)

Isaac
Re[2]: mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv [ In reply to ]
Hi Brian,

i use currently the cvs from around 30th april. I can change the
channels in the live tv, but the starting-channel is not set by
mythtv, so that the first channel i see is the one that was tuned by
the other app (nxtvepg).
In this version I think its just a "logical coding error" where the
progammer though: oh, the current channel has not been changed yet (by
mythtv) so why should i set the current channel again?!

I hope this helps a bit...

Markus

PS: i find the new epg realy good, but its a matter of taste... In one
point i agree with you: the fonts are too small...

Re: Re[2]: mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 06 May 2003 03:16 am, MacDanger wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> i use currently the cvs from around 30th april. I can change the
> channels in the live tv, but the starting-channel is not set by
> mythtv, so that the first channel i see is the one that was tuned by
> the other app (nxtvepg).
> In this version I think its just a "logical coding error" where the
> progammer though: oh, the current channel has not been changed yet (by
> mythtv) so why should i set the current channel again?!

If you change the channel out from under it, change it back when you're done.

Isaac
Re: [mythtv] Re: mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv [ In reply to ]
During the night I thought of something I need to checkout further
on the channel changing problem...

I loaded a PVR250 as the 3rd tuner card, also loading their
msp3400 module. The problem I'm finding with the 2 401 cards
might be related to this new module. Tonight I'll have to
unload this module and revert to the standard and see if
that fixes this problem...

Re: mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Monday 05 May 2003 11:21 pm, Brian Foddy wrote:
> > One more minor complaint with this version over the
> > last mid-April one I've used for 3 weeks, I guess I really
> > prefer the old Program Guide format. While the new one
> > looks sharper visually, it doesn't make near as good of
> > screen real estate usage, uses smaller unadjustable fonts,
> > and can't show as many programs/stations on the screen
> > at once. I really hate to rain on someones hard work, but
> > I prefer the old one... Maybe I'm the only one...
> > (BTW, I'm viewing it at about 12 feet to a 43" TV).
>
> It's customizeable -- it should be possible to replicate the same look + feel
> as the old program guide. Just edit the ui.xml file =)

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Brian