point no keys seem to do anything. The only way out seems to be to
alt-tab back to the terminal where I started mythmusic and hit ctrl-c.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be happening, or how can I
track the problem down?

I'm running RedHat 8.0 with latest CVS [as of 1300GMT 5th May] of
MythTV.

Cheers,
Dave.
Re: Mythmusic: playlist problems. [ In reply to ]
On Monday 05 May 2003 11:27 am, Dave Weaver wrote:
> I'm having a spot of difficulty with playlists:
>
> I run mythmusic and choose "Select Music" and see a tree-widget with my
> music in it. I then move the cursor down to "Active Play Queue" and hit
> Enter; a pop-up appears.
>
> I type a name into the text-entry field, then cursor-down to highlight
> "Copy to New Playlist", then hit Enter again. (Or, alternatively I just
> hit ESC)
>
> The pop-up then disappears and I'm back to the tree-widget, but at this
> point no keys seem to do anything. The only way out seems to be to
> alt-tab back to the terminal where I started mythmusic and hit ctrl-c.

Hmmm ... that's odd. Can you select music and play it (without any playlist
stuff)? You sure you're not just having a pointer focus problem?

If possible, could you rebuild for debugging (change settings.pro to DEBUG,
make distclean, make, make install) run it in gdb until if freezes, hit CRL-C
and generate a backtrace (bt). Then post that bt to this list. Tough to debug
at this end without that info.

- thor
Re: Mythmusic: playlist problems. [ In reply to ]
On Monday 05 May 2003 11:27 am, Dave Weaver wrote:
> I'm having a spot of difficulty with playlists:

Forget the backtrace. You just need to have your window manager set to do
click-to-focus (focus follows mouse and/or sloppy will not work ... at least
not for the time being).

- thor
RE: Mythmusic: playlist problems. [ In reply to ]
Thor wrote:

> Forget the backtrace. You just need to have your window manager
set to do
> click-to-focus (focus follows mouse and/or sloppy will not work ... at
least
> not for the time being).

I always use click-to-focus, so that's not it.
And everything else seems to work OK - I can select music and play it. I
don't *think* it's a focus problem.

I've rebuilt in debug mode and noticed something during the build, which
may be relevant:

.... #warning: *** You should think seriously about upgrading your Qt
to 3.1 or higher ***

Looks like I have Qt 3.0.5 - could this be the problem?

I tried running in gdb as suggested, and when I hit ctrl-c I get:

(gdb) bt
#0 0x42028812 in sigprocmask () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#1 0x400a87b7 in pthread_start_thread () from /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
#2 0x400a8985 in pthread_start_thread_event () from
/lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
(gdb)

However I notice there is more than one thread running, and I don't know
enough about gdb to ask it about the other threads.

Any more clues? Or should I just go ahead and upgrade Qt?

Cheers,
Dave.
Re: Mythmusic: playlist problems. [ In reply to ]
On Monday 05 May 2003 04:44 pm, Dave Weaver wrote:

> I always use click-to-focus, so that's not it.
> And everything else seems to work OK - I can select music and play it. I
> don't *think* it's a focus problem.

Try lots of mouse presses :-)

> I've rebuilt in debug mode and noticed something during the build, which
> may be relevant:
>
> .... #warning: *** You should think seriously about upgrading your Qt
> to 3.1 or higher ***

That's a warning I put in a while ago ... shouldn't be the cause of this, but
who knows? Qt upgrade probably won't hurt.

> I tried running in gdb as suggested, and when I hit ctrl-c I get:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x42028812 in sigprocmask () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
> #1 0x400a87b7 in pthread_start_thread () from /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
> #2 0x400a8985 in pthread_start_thread_event () from
> /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
> (gdb)

hrm. You can look in the other threads by doing "info threads" and then
saying "thread [number]" then "bt" where [number] is one of the thread
numbers that info threads gave you.

You may have a wonky thread library. Seems to be a fair number of problems to
do with the intersection of Qt 3.0.5, threads, and mythmusic. Try upgrading
Qt and if the problem persists, send a bt on all the threads and we'll see
what we can do.

- thor
RE: Mythmusic: playlist problems. [ In reply to ]
thor wrote:
> Try lots of mouse presses :-)

Clicked and clicked till my mouse was blue! :-)
No joy.

However, I've now upgraded Qt from 3.0.5 to 3.1.2 and the problem has
gone away.

Thanks for yor help,

Dave.