Mailing List Archive

RE: PVR 250 simultaneously with regular capture ca rd
I got silence when I asked the same question so I'm guessing not. I tried to give it a shot but the msp3400 module is common between both ivtv and bttv as is the major number. I pretty much gave up at that point. I plan on just taking the plunge and swapping this weekend.

-----Original Message-----
From: Calvin Harrigan [mailto:calvinharrigan@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 9:28 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] PVR 250 simultaneously with regular capture card

With all the talk lately about using the hardware based pvr250, has anyone
done a hybrid? You know using one pvr 250 and 1 regular card. I'm
wondering if this could be a stop gap for me. Instead of buying another
card and more cpu, I could just buy the mpeg card.

Any experiences, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Calvin

RE: PVR 250 simultaneously with regular capture ca rd [ In reply to ]
Well shoot! So did you have to do anything non-obvious?

On Friday 02 May 2003 12:05 pm, jasonmiller wrote:
> I got silence when I asked the same question so I'm guessing not. I tried
> to give it a shot but the msp3400 module is common between both ivtv and
> bttv as is the major number. I pretty much gave up at that point. I plan
> on just taking the plunge and swapping this weekend.

http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-April/003343.html

Isaac
RE: PVR 250 simultaneously with regular capture ca rd [ In reply to ]
At 10:05 02/05/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I got silence when I asked the same question so I'm guessing not. I tried
>to give it a shot but the msp3400 module is common between both ivtv and
>bttv as is the major number. I pretty much gave up at that point. I plan
>on just taking the plunge and swapping this weekend.

Well, I'm planning on having a PVR-350 and WinTV-Theater in the same PC
soon. Isaac has suggested that this will be possible, and I'd have thought
so. I'll see how it goes...

Paul VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support@pscs.co.uk http://www.pscs.co.uk/