Mailing List Archive

Live TV window doesn't appear
I'm trying to setup MythTV and so far it seemed like it was going well.
Now when I try to look at live TV, no window comes up. When I was
first setting up, before I had video connected, a blank window popped
up. But now that I have video connected, nothing happens.

I have a AthlonXP 1700 system running RedHat9.0.
I've installed MythTV 0.8.0 from Axel Thimm's RPMs
I can view video from my Pinnicle PCTV pro capture card using xawtv.
I can run MythTVsetup and mythfilldatabase successfully.
When I run Mythbackend it says:
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video

When I run Mythfrontend it says:
connecting to the backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543

and Mythbackend says:
adding: dvr as a player 1

If I hit enter on TV in the GUI, I get the next screen, if I hit enter
on Watch TV,
Mythfrontend says:
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

and Mythbackend says:
adding: dvr as a player 0
adding: dvr as a player 0
adding: dvr as remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...

The file ringbuf1.nuv is also created and continues to increase in size
but no window for video appears.

I'm excited about the MythTV project and thanks in advance for any help.