Mailing List Archive

Another Segmentation fault
OK, my setup seems to be getting there..

I now have video, audio (through ALSA) etc all apparently working, but
after a few seconds of showing live TV MythTV stops.

Looking at the consoles, MythBackend has crashed out with this information:

Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
adding: localhost.localdomain as a player 1
adding: localhost.localdomain as a player 0
adding: localhost.localdomain as a player 0
adding: localhost.localdomain as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...
IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()
Segmentation fault

MythFrontend is still running, and has the following output
[root@localhost log]# mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 61

This is the 'latest' (as of about 22:00 GMT 21 April 2003) CVS checkout (I
couldn't get 0.8 working at all)

Any ideas, or anything I need to do to investigate further?
Paul VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support@pscs.co.uk http://www.pscs.co.uk/
Re: Another Segmentation fault [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 22 April 2003 04:40 pm, Paul Smith wrote:
> OK, my setup seems to be getting there..
>
> I now have video, audio (through ALSA) etc all apparently working, but
> after a few seconds of showing live TV MythTV stops.
>
> Looking at the consoles, MythBackend has crashed out with this information:

There are extensive instructions on how to provide enough information to debug
segfaults in the documentation. If you can't use GDB or don't have the
desire to do so, don't use CVS.

Isaac
Re: Another Segmentation fault [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 22 April 2003 04:40 pm, Paul Smith wrote:
> OK, my setup seems to be getting there..
>
> I now have video, audio (through ALSA) etc all apparently working, but
> after a few seconds of showing live TV MythTV stops.

If you update to current CVS, it should run fine now. I've disabled the
section of code (teletext support) that was causing your problem (I saw your
backtrace in the bounced messages list for mythtv-dev).

Isaac
Re: Another Segmentation fault [ In reply to ]
At 23:11 22/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 22 April 2003 04:40 pm, Paul Smith wrote:
> > OK, my setup seems to be getting there..
> >
> > I now have video, audio (through ALSA) etc all apparently working, but
> > after a few seconds of showing live TV MythTV stops.
>
>If you update to current CVS, it should run fine now. I've disabled the
>section of code (teletext support) that was causing your problem (I saw your
>backtrace in the bounced messages list for mythtv-dev).

Thanks - it seems to be OK now - it's been running for about 2 hours
without crashing, so that looks good.