Mailing List Archive

Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out!
I found this board a couple months ago and finally got my account set up
at the place that distributes them in the US. I can now sell these things
cheap-o!! Here's the link

http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/SBC/LV-670.HTM

Contact me via email and let me know if you are interested in getting a
couple of these.

I can sell them for 230bucks a pop. Thats just enough to cover the
product and shipping on my end. I make no money on this sale. As a mythtv
enthusiast, I would love to see some people use these things and make a
really awesome mythbox. One cool difference is that they have coaxial
tv-out with simultaneous SPDIF, unlike the VIA, where its a shared port
that you switch with a jumper. Intel has linux drivers online for their
video (which I am unsure of as far as tv-out support goes).

Anyways, email me directly and let me know if you would like to get one of
these boards.

I cannot make any guarantees whether or not they will work, but they look
fairly solid.. I'm going to get one for myself for sure.

--Micah Morton
--micah@oregontech.net
Re: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
Hi Micah,

Two questions...

1) What about video input? I only see video out. Did I miss that or would
you use the one PCI slot for vid capture (tuner)?

2) That price doesn't include a processor, right? So add another $180 or so
for a P4 bringing the total cost to $230 + $180 = $410 (and then add a CPU
fan, and the tuner card), right? Or, are you gonna try it with a Celeron?

Thanks,
JC

Re: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
A P5 1.5Ghz proc (with ht) is only 125 bucks.. Pushing the total to 355.

Yes, the one PCI slot would be used for video input. A tuner-based
solution. CPU fans come with most P4 CPU's bundled in a retail box.

Even with a celeron, the box would more than outperform a VIA motherboard.

--Micah Morton

Re: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
Anyone find a good small case with a quiet power supply that this can be
used with? (preferably in a horizontal form factor rather vertical)

--On Tuesday, April 08, 2003 10:15 AM -0700 Micah Morton

RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
you might try this

http://www.directron.com/v2000.html

or this (can be laid on its side)

http://www.directron.com/a340a.html

Re: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
Unfortunately, we get back to the "low profile tuner card issue"(tm) as
both those cases have 4 lp slots.

So, I'll ask... Does anyone know of a low profile tuner with decent v4l
support that also works with btaudio? ;-)

--Mike

RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
ahhh sorry... there is a problem with the last two... they only accept
half-height cards. So your tv tuner is out.

RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
> So, I'll ask... Does anyone know of a low profile tuner with decent v4l
> support that also works with btaudio? ;-)

Well, funny you should ask that. I just noticed a bit of action on avsforum.com about best quality tv cards, and the consensus there was the flyview cards based on the saa7*** chipset were easily the best (their opinion not mine). Seeing as there appears to be a v4l driver available from the usual place I was going to ask if anyone had tried these and could report on quality?

The interesting point would be that they make a normal and a low profile version of each card. However, I don't know whether there is an equivalent of btaudio or not...
RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the link. I looked at the other cases and this one with the PCI
riser card would work with any tuner card I guess. Although it's not quite
as cool looking as the others.

http://www.directron.com/2699r.html

--On Tuesday, April 08, 2003 1:00 PM -0500 Brad Sagowitz

RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
This is the one I used
http://www.atoponline.com/product.asp?Type_ID=30&id=BY4-03
It takes one full height card sideways.

Cheers...

RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
You can find that cheaper here. FYI

http://www.caseoutlet.com/case/2699/CS-2699.html

RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
$80 for this case:

http://www.mb.digitalpowerhouse.net/brochure/clio_data.htm

Merle Reine <merle.reine@lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification
RE: Mini-ITX Sized P4 Board with TV-Out and SPDIF Out! [ In reply to ]
Atoponline.com is in $CDN, so works out to about the same.