Also, what's the best way to fine tune the channels? Some look ok, but some
are pretty much black and white. Also, in case it helps at all I'm using an
ati TV wonder VE card. Thanks for the help and the great piece of software.

Re: Channels off by 1 [ In reply to ]
Jason Schloer wrote:

> So I got Myth installed and working mostly over the weekend. I figured
> out my xmltv listing type and got everything downloaded. It looks and
> works great, however my channels are off by one. i.e. when I'm tuned to
> channel 3 I'm seeing channel 2, channel 35 actually displays 34, etc.
> I'm sure this is probably fairly easy to change somewhere, but I'm not
> sure where to start. I don't know if it's a myth thing, or something I
> need to change in the capture driver or what. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hum, probably know what the problems is...

> Also, what's the best way to fine tune the channels?

...yup, that's it.

Some look ok, but
> some are pretty much black and white. Also, in case it helps at all I'm
> using an ati TV wonder VE card. Thanks for the help and the great piece
> of software.

The TV wonder cards sometimes have the wrong tuner type
which causes the frequencies to be off by nearly a channel.
Setting the correct type as an option for the bttv driver
corrects this problem.

Check the archives for details in some of the earlier threads.

http://gossamer-threads.com/archive/Misc_C2/MythTV_F10/

-- bjm
Re: Channels off by 1 [ In reply to ]
I ran into the same problems with my VE until I adjusted
my /etc/modules.conf by hand, this is what it looks like now:

options bttv card=64 autoload=0 radio=0
post-install bttv insmod tuner type=17

-Rob

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:18:49 +0000, Jason Schloer wrote