Mailing List Archive

QMYSQL3 driver not loaded (SOLVED?)
I'm running RedHat 8.0, stock install, and was getting the following when I
tried to run the setup to install MythTV:

[root@localhost setup]# ./setup
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

I found a package that I needed to load to get this working:

[root@localhost myth8]# rpm -qa | grep -i qt
qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17
qt-devel-3.0.5-17
qt-3.0.5-17

After I installed the qt-MySQL rpm, I was able to run setup with no apparent
problems. I saw that someone else had posted that QT needed MySQL support
built in to it, and I guess that RedHat decided to make this an RPM instead
of compile it into the stock QT install. Maybe this should be put in to the
instructions as specific to RedHat 8.0??

-Mike Pflugfelder
Re: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded (SOLVED?) [ In reply to ]

> After I installed the qt-MySQL rpm, I was able to run setup with no
> apparent problems.  I saw that someone else had posted that QT needed
> MySQL support built in to it, and I guess that RedHat decided to make
> this an RPM instead of compile it into the stock QT install.  Maybe
> this should be put in to the instructions as specific to RedHat 8.0??

already in the docs:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.2
RE: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded (SOLVED?) [ In reply to ]
AACK! Sorry about that... I thought that I went through the docs line by
line, but I guess that I didn't.