2. Do I need xmltv on the frontend?

Thanks,

Calvin
Re: Database Requirements for mythtv [ In reply to ]
#if Calvin Harrigan /* Mar 31, 12:09 */
> 1. Do I have to run mysql on the frontend as well as the server?

No. Turn off MySQL on the frontend and debug the problem from there.
It sounds like the frontend isn't pointing at the right MySQL server.
Check the contents of mysql.txt.

> 2. Do I need xmltv on the frontend?
#endif /* calvinharrigan@earthlink.net */

No.
RE: Database Requirements for mythtv [ In reply to ]
Edit /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt on your frontend machine to point to
the backend's IP address.

RE: Database Requirements for mythtv [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:27, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Edit /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt on your frontend machine to point to
> the backend's IP address.

<snip>

The mysql.txt file was set correctly. I am able to get to the server
database because I can see the shows that are recorded on it. It's just
that when I shutdown myqsl on the frontend it says:

couldn't open db
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Found the problem while messing with it for more information, I had to
delete the ~/.mythtv directory, seems like the code is still looking for
this directory.

Thanks anyway.

Calvin
RE: Database Requirements for mythtv [ In reply to ]
Actually then, it sounds like your mysql.txt was *not* set correctly... or,
more specifically, it was picking up an incorrectly set mysql.txt from
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt

Being able to see a list of recorded show just means that you're talking to
the backend, not to the correct database (I think).

Anyway, glad to hear you've solved the problem. Good luck with your system!

-Joe C.