Mailing List Archive

FW: Help, installing xmltv
-----Original Message-----
From: Justin [mailto:justhunt1234@rogers.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 2:10 PM
To: 'mythtv-users@snowman.net'
Subject: Help, installing xmltv

Hi,

Currently im trying to use perl -MCPAN -e shell to get the prerequisites
for xmltv, however it says:

Unable to locate installed perl libraries or perl source code

Could not find
"/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/core/perl.h"

Umm. dunno whats wrong I re-installed the perl rpm like 5 times and it
didn't do anything

Thanks for any help.
Justin
Re: FW: Help, installing xmltv [ In reply to ]
It may be an issue w/ your PATH
do a $ locate perl -> and see where your system has
perl installed
then do a $echo $PATH -> and see if it is in your path

> Currently im trying to use perl -MCPAN -e shell to
> get the prerequisites
> for xmltv, however it says:
>
> Unable to locate installed perl libraries or perl
> source code
>
> Could not find

"/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/core/perl.h"

> Umm. dunno whats wrong I re-installed the perl rpm
> like 5 times and it
> didn't do anything
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Justin