Mailing List Archive

cannot open db
slackware9.0
compiled from souce
mysql running: output of making the database from ms.sql:
mysql> source mc.sql
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

ERROR 1036: Table 'user' is read only
Database changed
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry 'Default' for key 2
ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry 'Live TV' for key 2

i get .myi,.frm, and .myd files
all the .myd files are 0 bytes

running any mythtv* outputs "cannot open db"
mysql is on machine with mythtv installed

i really know nothing about mysql databases, so if its a long complicated
fix
point me to somewhere where i can read about it.. otherwise any help would
be
appreciated

thanks

Re: cannot open db [ In reply to ]
Looks like you may have had a mythtv database there already?

I think if you insert the file with the -f flag then it ignores errors and
continues to the end? Something like
mysql -u root -pyourpassword < mc.sql

(is there a command line example in the docs?)

If you are still at square one, then I would blow away the current database
and start again. Install myphpadmin to get a nice web based way of tweaking
your sql databases (requires that you have already got apache installed
though)

Ed W

P.S. Actually re-reading the errors I suspect that you are not logged into
mysql as an admin user before running this script - this may be the real
problem...?

RE: cannot open db [ In reply to ]
An alternative to installing apache with mod php and all that stuff, is
to install webmin. If you haven't checked out Webmin, do it now, it's
great. It's a perl-based web admin tool (uses it's own web server
thingy) that can use SSL, and has modules for almost anything you can
think of.

The MySQL module allows you to do lots of stuff to the server and/or
individual databases.