Mailing List Archive

A couple of random suggestions
Just a couple of random suggestions based on personal experience:

- If you use mythvideo and want to access files > 2GB, you need to make sure
you have at least QT 3.1. Previous versions of Qt had a bug that was
causing some of my DVD rips not to show up at all

- I notice alot of people have issues with focus and taskbar hiding with
KDE. May I politely suggest that if you're running a standalone Myth
frontend, that KDE is overkill. I use FVWM with the fvwmrc file in
MC/configfiles and have had no problems for quite some time, even with LIRC.
YMMV. Feel free to substitute your favorite window manager, but in my
opinion a full-blown desktop environment like KDE or GNOME is just wasting
CPU cycles if you're running nothing but Myth.

Just my $0.02

-Joe C.