Mailing List Archive

mythvideo keybindings
Hi,
Just wondering, what solutions have you guys come up with for the fact that mplayer (as called by myth) doesn't share keyboard shorcuts with Myth (so play/pause/ff/rw doesn't work with the same lirc keybindings). I'd imagine one way would be to set your lircd config to send different keys depending on the focus'd app (which it is my understanding it is possible to do), but is there an easier way I'm not thinking of? Or can someone send me their lirc config to use as an example?

Kevin Bowen
UCSD ACS/Network Operations, Customer Support Help Desk
kevin@ucsd.edu / (858) 534-1857 / http://www-no.ucsd.edu
Phone Support: 7 AM to 7 PM / Walk-in Support: 10 AM to 3:30 PM
Re: mythvideo keybindings [ In reply to ]
Not sure about mplayer, but I know if you use Xine, it has configurable
keybindings.

Re: mythvideo keybindings [ In reply to ]
Kevin Bowen wrote
> I'd imagine one way would be to set your lircd config to send
> different keys depending on the focus'd app (which it is my
> understanding it is possible to do)

I believe this is "the" way to do it. I have only just
recently installed lirc, so I don't yet understand the
complex configs they have to make this work. In theory,
though, it seems like the best way to go, and once I get
as far as you (contolling DVD or other apps in Myth), I
will have to deal with this.

-Chris
Re: mythvideo keybindings [ In reply to ]
Chris Palmer said:
> Kevin Bowen wrote
>> I'd imagine one way would be to set your lircd config to send
>> different keys depending on the focus'd app (which it is my
>> understanding it is possible to do)
>
> I believe this is "the" way to do it. I have only just
> recently installed lirc, so I don't yet understand the
> complex configs they have to make this work.

Hey Chris--

I've included a nice sample .lircrc for you to look at. It shows configs
for multiple apps (xine and myth). It may help you get your head around
the whole LIRC config thang. BTW, this is an .lircrc config file from
Harondel Sibble. I had to sneak into his house, bop him on the head, and
run off with it (either that, or he e-mailed it to me...I can't remember
right now).

Anyway, this may help you out:

<---Begin .lircrc--->

begin