Window Manager for their MythBoxes. I was wondering if anyone had come
across a font size problem.

It seems that when I used stock fvwm2 the fonts are smaller in the various
myth displays. However, when I start gnome-settings-daemon (even under
fvwm2) I get larger fonts under MythTV.

I am sure this is some side effect of something. Do you have to do
something under fvwm2 to get it to display the same size fonts as gnome?

Thanks
Re: fvwm2 as a Window Manager [ In reply to ]
Yes, I have this issue, too. I had to go into the setup to jack up all
the font sizes, edit theme.xml file to increase the font size of
buttons, and re-compile mythweather with hacked larger fonts. Quite
annoying.

But when I start up myth using KDE, the fonts are fine. With FVWM2,
they're about half-size.

usenet@wingert.org wrote:
> I saw (based on the contrib) that some people are using fvmw2 as a
> Window Manager for their MythBoxes. I was wondering if anyone had come
> across a font size problem.
>
> It seems that when I used stock fvwm2 the fonts are smaller in the various
> myth displays. However, when I start gnome-settings-daemon (even under
> fvwm2) I get larger fonts under MythTV.
>
> I am sure this is some side effect of something. Do you have to do
> something under fvwm2 to get it to display the same size fonts as gnome?
>
> Thanks

Michael J. Sherman | Software Developer
Digital Sandbox, Inc. | http://www.dsbox.com/
Re: fvwm2 as a Window Manager [ In reply to ]
One hack, is to run gnome-settings-daemon while running fvwm2.

I'd prefer not to mix my WMs if possible though.

Re: fvwm2 as a Window Manager [ In reply to ]

[...]

u> It seems that when I used stock fvwm2 the fonts are smaller in the various
u> myth displays. However, when I start gnome-settings-daemon (even under
u> fvwm2) I get larger fonts under MythTV.

u> I am sure this is some side effect of something. Do you have to do
u> something under fvwm2 to get it to display the same size fonts as gnome?

What is your desktop size? At 800x600, I find the fonts look
better if I start the X server with:

startx -- -dpi 100

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net
Re: fvwm2 as a Window Manager [ In reply to ]
And we've come full circle to my question earlier this morning (DPI vs
Proportions). Anyone seeing issues with incorrect widths/heights using
100 DPI? It just so happens I'm using fvwm2 as well.

-Beev