Mailing List Archive

FW: running setup
-----Original Message-----
From: Justin [mailto:justhunt1234@rogers.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 11:21 PM
To: 'mythtv-users@snowman.net'
Subject: running setup

Hi there

I am at the point in the setup where I need to do ./setup and it says:

./setup: error while loading shared libraries:
libmyth-0.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory

What should I do. is there another setup executable that I don't know
of. currently im trying the one that is in the extracted archive (when I
untared the myth archive then compiled it)

Thanks for any help!
Justin
Re: FW: running setup [ In reply to ]
Did you run, as root "make install" after running make? Do a "find
/usr|grep libmyth" and make sure that the directory it's in is in your
/etc/ld.so.conf.

> [...]
Bryce C <Plug@BryceCo.Net>
CoBryce Communications
RE: FW: running setup [ In reply to ]
Ok,

I did try that, It found the libraries at /usr/local/lib so I added
that to the end of ld.so.conf rebooted (to double check it got used...)
but still the same error. Btw I am running on mandrake 9.0 (musta been
pretty tired when I posted this yesterday not to mention that...).

Is there something I gotta do to make sure that ld.so.conf gets used? I
apologize if this is blazingly obvious im fairly new to Linux

Justin

Did you run, as root "make install" after running make? Do a "find
/usr|grep libmyth" and make sure that the directory it's in is in your
/etc/ld.so.conf.

Bryce C <Plug@BryceCo.Net>
CoBryce Communications
Re: FW: running setup [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> Is there something I gotta do to make sure that ld.so.conf gets used? I
> apologize if this is blazingly obvious im fairly new to Linux

Yes.

-----------------
su
ldconfig
exit

Should help.

C'ya

christoph

--
Christoph Rasim
RE: FW: running setup [ In reply to ]
Thnx for the help its working great... ill let you guys know if there
are any other problems.

Justin