christoph

--
Christoph Rasim
Re: Using mythfilldatabase in Germany [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 15 March 2003 11:00 am, Christoph Rasim wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to use the current CVS version of MythTV. Everything works fine
> so far, but "mythfilldatabase --manual" gives me "Unknown XMLTV channel id"
> for every channel.
> Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong?

Yes, no one has bothered to send in a working patch to fix things with
tv_grab_de. mythfilldatabase will remain broken for tv_grab_de until that
happens.

Isaac
Re: Using mythfilldatabase in Germany [ In reply to ]
> Yes, no one has bothered to send in a working patch to fix things with
> tv_grab_de. mythfilldatabase will remain broken for tv_grab_de until
> that happens.

this isn't this easy - a patch wouldn't suffice.
tv_grab_de returns really bad data, only about half of the normal german
channels, what wouldn't be a problem, but the data that it returns has
another big problem - big parts are wrong! it shows shows (ahem) that run
on different channels, has wrong times, things are missing and so on.
i can only suggest everyone in germany who has the chance to do so use
nxtvepg, which gathers data from nextview, which is broadcasted on several
channels here in germany. nxtvepg can export data in xmltv-format.

bye, stephan
Re: Using mythfilldatabase in Germany [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

> i can only suggest everyone in germany who has the chance to do so use
> nxtvepg, which gathers data from nextview, which is broadcasted on
> several
> channels here in germany. nxtvepg can export data in xmltv-format.

I tried to do so. nxtvepg works fine. When I import the generated file with
mythfilldatabase, the EPG looks very good. However, somehow the channels
seem not to be imported correctly since I cannot change the channel neither
when watching TV or in the EPG and the backend task says something like "No
channels in the database". Can you tell me how to import this file? I have
configured just one card input (/dev/video), one video source (I called it
TV) and assigned the TV source to the "Television" input of my TV card.

Thanks,

christoph

--
Christoph Rasim
Re: Using mythfilldatabase in Germany [ In reply to ]
Am Sonntag, 16. März 2003 20:20 schrieb Christoph Rasim:
> Hi there,
>
> > i can only suggest everyone in germany who has the chance to do so use
> > nxtvepg, which gathers data from nextview, which is broadcasted on
> > several
> > channels here in germany. nxtvepg can export data in xmltv-format.
>
> I tried to do so. nxtvepg works fine. When I import the generated file with
> mythfilldatabase, the EPG looks very good. However, somehow the channels
> seem not to be imported correctly since I cannot change the channel neither
> when watching TV or in the EPG and the backend task says something like "No
> channels in the database". Can you tell me how to import this file? I have
> configured just one card input (/dev/video), one video source (I called it
> TV) and assigned the TV source to the "Television" input of my TV card.

i have a small script (someone send' it to me, don't know who it was...) that
extracts the xmltv-data from nxtvepg and writes the channel-data to it... i
think it's also located at the non-us-mythtv-website (hmm don't know the url
right now... seems like my brain stayed at home today, hehe)
if not i can send it to you when i'm at home tonight.

stephan
Re: Using mythfilldatabase in Germany [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

> i have a small script (someone send' it to me, don't know who it was...)
> that extracts the xmltv-data from nxtvepg and writes the channel-data to
> it... i think it's also located at the non-us-mythtv-website (hmm don't
> know the url right now... seems like my brain stayed at home today, hehe)
> if not i can send it to you when i'm at home tonight.

I didn't find the script, but I got the nxtvepg thing to work quite fine.
There's only one more problem: The only acquisition mode that is working
for me running the nxtvepg acquisition daemon is the passive mode, because
mythbackend seems not to release the video card even if I'm not in live TV
mode and there's no record in progress. How did you solve this?

C'ya

christoph

--
Christoph Rasim