process is crashing just before it actually writes the data to the database.

TIA
Mike
Re: Mythfilldatabase error [ In reply to ]
Mike Wood <mike@woodsnest.com> wrote:

> Still working through my initial setup of MythTV and I've got an error
> in filling the database. Mythfilldatabase runs through all my stations
> and they look good, but then after its done with the stations, I get a
> segmentation error. I'm guessing that's when its trying to load the
> database. Does MythTV need to be added to Mysql as a user? Is that my
> problem? If so, what's the easiest way to do that?
> When I try to run mythfrontend, it comes up fine, but Watch TV locks up
> and if I go to Record a show, Myth just quits and the console says there
> is nothing in the database. That's what has me thinking the fill
> process is crashing just before it actually writes the data to the database.
>
> TIA
> Mike

Please read and understand the docs before doing anything else...
They're here: http://mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall

Pete
Re: Mythfilldatabase error [ In reply to ]
I am reading the docs. That's how I've gotten this far.

Re: Mythfilldatabase error [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:41:32 -0500
Mike Wood <mike@woodsnest.com> wrote:

> >>Does MythTV need to be added to Mysql as a user? Is that my
> >>problem? If so, what's the easiest way to do that?

If you did the mysql < mc.sql part, it should have created its own user.
Are you running both mythtv and mysql on the same computer? Double-check /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt (or wherever you installed mythtv) that it has the correct informations.

Also try running: mysql -u mythtv -p
Entering the password: mythtv
If you can do: \u mythconverg , there shouldn't be any errors

> >>When I try to run mythfrontend, it comes up fine, but Watch TV locks up
> >>and if I go to Record a show, Myth just quits and the console says there
> >>is nothing in the database. That's what has me thinking the fill
> >>process is crashing just before it actually writes the data to the database.

Yep, seems there's nothing in it. Which xmltv version are you using?

Pete
Re: Mythfilldatabase error [ In reply to ]
If you're running mythtv 0.7 try this.

In programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp:

At around line 188 you find:

if (split.size() > 0)
pginfo->endts = split[0];
else
pginfo->endts = "";

Change it to:

if (split.size() > 0)
pginfo->endts = split[0];
else
pginfo->endts = QString::null;

I found that on the myth-dev list when I had the
problem you described and that fixed it. When run the
first time, mythfilldatabase (for me) gets the data
for the current day, then 'wget's the channel icons,
then gets the data for the rest of the week. If it
segfaults after the first day, it's not working right.

Andy