Mailing List Archive

1 2 3  View All
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Hi Klaus!

> My native language is german, but I live in France since a long time.

OK -- thanks for that explanation  -- makes things a little clearer to
me.  Your English is good -- I will sometimes add in another word to
better define a word or phrase to attempt to avoid confusion.

> So if I understand you well, regarding live tv should be possible even if
> there is a problem with mythfilldatabase ?
>
> In this case I will first try to get live tv working, and than recording.

I believe yes: one should not need to have mythfilldatabase working in
order to have Live TV working.  Information on the Live TV programme
will be missing: the summary of the show.  ...Old tagline joke:  "7:30
Bewitched.  Tabitha gets carsick and turns Darrin into a barf bag".
Sorry - couldn't resist!

Not sure if getting Live TV to work first is the way to go.  Isn't
necessarily wrong, just backwards to my way of using MythTV.  OTOH (on
the other hand) if Live TV works you know your tuners are working and so
when you do work on the mythfilldatabase portion of the project you know
you are receiving the TV signal.

> http://www.epgdata.com/ is commercial and this should not be necessary. I also
> have a dreambox and it works without any commercial service. (I want to
> replace the dreambox by mythtv because the box is buggy).
>
> I tried a channel scan with a free grabber for Europe, but the result is the
> same: the scan works, I get a liste of hundreds of channels, but I cannot
> regard any.

It looks like EPGData.com is the equivalent of SchedulesDirect here in
the U.S. -- 17.95 Euro, specifically mentions MythTV.  The 'Data
Coverage' tab lists start, end, etc. of the shows.  The 'List of
Channels' displays numerous stations -- I have no idea if all are
available off-the-air.  (I didn't see _TV Paprika_ listed!)

The 'free grabber' might also work.  EPGData says will list up to 14
days of information; SchedulesDirect is similar.  My guess is the
Dreambox obtains its scheduling data either from Dreambox (the company)
itself or possibly OTA from the TV stations directly.  Here I'm getting
DreamBox as learning software for mathematics.  U.S. vs. Europe stuff
again.  I'm going to assume your DreamBox is similar to TiVo here.

It seems you are having a problem connecting (configuring) EPGData or
the free grabber to your MythTV.  I don't know if this will lessen or
increase the confusion but have you seen Curtis Gekak's Guide:

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404

(Good Grief! Tried to make that smaller.  That's 'tiny' font size!! - I
hate to see what 'large' is!!)  Yes, for version 14.04; no idea if a
more current version (16.x, 17.x).  If for whatever reason you are
unable to find/download it let me know and I will upload my copy to you
(though has notes for my specific system embedded).   An /excellent/
guide!!  (Thank you, Curtis!!)

> I do not really understand if a grabber is necessary to watch tv. The french
> mythtv site recommands to choose no grabber in setup.
>
> My channel list is at
> http://supplement.xmltv.org/tv_grab_eu_epgdata/channel_ids
>
> When I choose "watch tv", nothing happens. When I try to record tv, I see the
> channel list, but impossible to watch or record any.

As I said above, I don't think a grabber is necessary to watch Live TV
but will give give additional information.  Even without the grabber I
think you should be able to do manual recording within MythTV ==> record
from 1900 to 2000 on Channel 14, just like one did with a VCR.  Oh poo:
that reminded me of something else but it should have been resolved
(taken care of) when you did the MythTV Channel Scan step.  Here in the
U.S. we use ATSC, Europe I believe uses PAL.  Its some sort of a format
setting.  The other thing is here in the U.S. we 'change/alter' the
channel numbers.  Locally KWQC (call sign) says it's Channel 6 but
really is transmitting on UHF Channel 17.  When they were an analog
(NTSC format) station they were on VHF Channel 6; with digital (ATSC
format) they moved/got moved to UHF Channel 17 but because 'everybody'
watches "Channel 6" instead of watching "KWQC".   ...Hope not too
confusing.   Pretty sure the MythTV Channel Scan step takes care of
this: mine did: makes the tuner 'look' at Ch. 17 but lets me think I'm
looking at Ch. 6.1.

> I started mythfrontend in a shell and I have the error message
>
> "It appears that your backend may be misconfigured. Check your backend logs
> to determine whether your inputs, lineups, channels, or storage configuration
> are reporting errors. This issue is commonly caused by failing to complete
> all setup steps properly. You may wish to review the documentation for
> mythtv-setup."
>
> I rebegan mythtv-setup step for step, I cannot see what is wrong.
>
> I shall review the documentation, but perhaps you have an idea about the
> mistake ?

<chuckle>  I have ideas, just don't know if I'm guessing right.   I
would follow Curtis Gedak's guide (the big print link, above).  I would
guess (because I haven't done it this way) is if your system is able to
display Live TV then the configuration is correct and you just need to
add a grabber, whether EIT from the stations themselves or the free one
or EPGData.

...Curtis's guide: you want to pay extra attention to "Section  X.
Configure MythTV Backend".    Might be able to do a bit of a shortcut by
looking at '6. Channel Editor"  If no channels are displayed here
definitely one of the previous steps is incorrect. (And my reference to
Channel 6 KWQC has nothing to do with this Step 6. Channel Editor.  Just
happens the two are the same number.)

OK, good luck.  Read what the others have to say also as they are a lot
more expert than I am.

Barry
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Am 04.03.2018 um 13:33 schrieb Klaus Becker:
> Le dimanche 4 mars 2018, 11:39:19 CET John Pilkington a ?crit :
>> On 04/03/18 11:13, Klaus Becker wrote:
>>> Le samedi 3 mars 2018, 10:27:28 CET Barry Martin a ?crit :

>>> Hi Barry,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your answer.
>>>
>>> My native language is german, but I live in France since a long time.
>>>
>>> So if I understand you well, regarding live tv should be possible even if
>>> there is a problem with mythfilldatabase ?
>>>
>>> In this case I will first try to get live tv working, and than recording.
>>>
>>> http://www.epgdata.com/ is commercial and this should not be necessary. I
>>> also have a dreambox and it works without any commercial service. (I want
>>> to replace the dreambox by mythtv because the box is buggy).
>>>
>>> I tried a channel scan with a free grabber for Europe, but the result is
>>> the same: the scan works, I get a liste of hundreds of channels, but I
>>> cannot regard any.
>>>
>>> I do not really understand if a grabber is necessary to watch tv. The
>>> french mythtv site recommands to choose no grabber in setup.
>>>
>>> My channel list is at
>>> http://supplement.xmltv.org/tv_grab_eu_epgdata/channel_ids
>>>
>>> When I choose "watch tv", nothing happens. When I try to record tv, I see
>>> the channel list, but impossible to watch or record any.
>>>
>>> I started mythfrontend in a shell and I have the error message
>>>
>>> "It appears that your backend may be misconfigured. Check your backend
>>> logs to determine whether your inputs, lineups, channels, or storage
>>> configuration are reporting errors. This issue is commonly caused by
>>> failing to complete all setup steps properly. You may wish to review the
>>> documentation for mythtv-setup."
>>>
>>> I rebegan mythtv-setup step for step, I cannot see what is wrong.
>>>
>>> I shall review the documentation, but perhaps you have an idea about the
>>> mistake ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Klaus
>> I have no experience of German tv but I would expect you to be able to
>> get schedule information by EIT - which might be what the French Mythtv
>> site is calling 'no grabber' EIT works well for me in the UK; it just
>> doesn't give as much detail as the commercial services.
>>
>> There's a comment above about an EIT setting that doesn't allow
>> recording. I don't think that's true. Perhaps it doesn't allow *other*
>> software to use that tuner.
>>
>> John P
>
> Hi John,
>
> I tried EIT, the result is the same.
>
> I shall also study XMLTV wiki page on mythtv.org
>
> Bye
>
> Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I am using MythTV in Germany with digital cable TV (DVB-C) and EIT data. Technically this works well without problems - there is data available for approx. 23 days in advance (depending on the channels - the private channels have a much shorter range (approx. 7 days)). The EIT data that is far in the future is lacking details that get enriched somewhen later.
But - as Stephen pointed out - the free EIT data always lacks powerful informations like tv series season and episode numbers, "new" informations and so on. But one can work around most of this with using time constraints.

From the setup of my system I can remember that I had to put in a starting frequency number to kickstart the channel scan. While parts of the other methods did worked as well (e. g. import of a channels.conf), the EIT data didn't worked then!
EIT started to work for me with the real channel scan from within MythTV only, using this starting frequency.
This may be different for different locations or different sources, though. I found this essential piece of information in the file /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/de-Kabel_BW, that is the appropriate region file for me.

Maybe you already did this, but if not, check the information file that is appropriate for your source/region.

If there is anything else I can help with, feel free to ask me. I can check on my system whatever information is needed (as long as it is running ... as the hardware starts to make problems since a while, but I want to wait for Spectre/Meltdown fixed hardware.... :D :D )

Nicolas

MythTV fixes/0.27 [v0.27.4-30-g3b43903]
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-45-generic x86_64)
Digital Devices GmbH Octopus DVB Adapter via ddbridge kernel module
15c2:0036 SoundGraph Inc. LC16M VFD Display/IR Receiver (imon) via LIRC/devinput
Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Hi John!

> There's a comment above about an EIT setting that doesn't allow
> recording. I don't think that's true. Perhaps it doesn't allow*other*
> software to use that tuner.

Yes: a more accurate way to phrase what I intended to say.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Le Wednesday, 7 March 2018 17:06:02 CET, vous avez ?crit :
> On 2018-03-07 10:31 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Le Sunday, 4 March 2018 23:23:33 CET, vous avez ?crit :
> >> On 2018-03-04 07:33 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Hi Geoff and all who answered me,

> > Nevertheless I shall try with Zap, but it's not so easy too.
>
> It has been a while since I used the zap utilities! The instructions are
> sometimes vague But it is worth it to know that your hardware works
> properly: you can stream output to a file, and then play that file, with
> vlc or mplayer or whatever.
>

> Geoff

Ghi Geoff and all,

mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
Works, but the channel changes each time and I don't know where it takes the
channels from and how to choose the channel I want to regard.

Otherwise I created a channel.conf with "w_scan -f s -s S19E2 -c DE".

I can verify the signal strength for ex with

"szap -r 'KIKA;ZDFvision'",

But I cannot record with
"$ szap -o file 'KIKA;ZDFvision'", it tells me
"szap: invalid option -- 'o'
reading channels from file '/home/klaus/.szap/channels.conf'
channel not found."

However I found this at https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap.

"szap -i" does not work either.

How to use szap to record a channel?

Cheers

Klaus
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 03/08/2018 06:44 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:

> Le Wednesday, 7 March 2018 17:06:02 CET, vous avez ?crit :
>
> > On 2018-03-07 10:31 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
>
> > > Le Sunday, 4 March 2018 23:23:33 CET, vous avez ?crit :

> > > Hi Geoff and all who answered me,

> > > Nevertheless I shall try with Zap, but it's not so easy too.
>

> > It has been a while since I used the zap utilities! The instructions are
>
> > sometimes vague But it is worth it to know that your hardware works
>
> > properly: you can stream output to a file, and then play that file, with
>
> > vlc or mplayer or whatever.
>

> > Geoff
>
> Ghi Geoff and all,
>
> mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
>
> Works, but the channel changes each time and I don't know where it
> takes the channels from and how to choose the channel I want to regard.
>
> Otherwise I created a channel.conf with "w_scan -f s -s S19E2 -c DE".
>
> I can verify the signal strength for ex with
>
> "szap -r 'KIKA;ZDFvision'",
>
> But I cannot record with
>
> "$ szap -o file 'KIKA;ZDFvision'", it tells me
>
> "szap: invalid option -- 'o'

> reading channels from file '/home/klaus/.szap/channels.conf' channel
> not found."
>
> However I found this at https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap.
>
> "szap -i" does not work either.
>
> How to use szap to record a channel?
>
> Cheers
>
> Klaus

This seems a bit off the topic of mythfilldatabase.

There is an example of a script that records using azap in below page.
azap is the USA version of szap. Click "Expand" on the sample script.
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Import_recorder
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Le dimanche 4 mars 2018, 13:14:39 CET Barry Martin a ?crit :
> Hi Klaus!

Hi Martin and everybody.

I tried Mythbuntu and LINHES, nothing works for me. So I returned to Debian
Stretch I use every day.

I succeeded to resolve the locale problem by putting
export LC_ALL="fr_FR.UTF-8"
In ~/.bash_profile.

Now I have:

$ locale
LANG=fr_FR.utf8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8

Before the excellent programm cherrytree would no more start because of the
locale problem, now it works again.

But mythtv-setup still says :
This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8
codeset, and many features may behave improperly with your current language
settings. Please set the LANG variable(s) in the environment in which this
program is executed to include a UTF-8 codeset (such as 'en_US.UTF-8').
Setting QT default locale to fr_FR

But I think it's a bug of mythtv ?? There is no more problem with my locale
settings I think.

I just had a curious behavior:

For the first time since a long time, mythtv-setup began a scan and found
channels. But then suddenly the signal strenght was zero and then even after
excuting mythfilldatabase, in mythfrontend I cannot watch tv.

I found the error message
"DVBChan[1](/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Your frequency setting (2768000) is
out of range. (min/max:925000/2175000)"

But I gave the frequency 10714000 khz that I found for Astra 19.2E (Gremany)
and that worked in the beginning for me. It seems that the setup first
accepted 10714000 khz (and worked) and then it jumped to 2768000 khz and there
was no more signal.

Can anybody understand that ? I cannot.

Nice evening

Klaus
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:10:24 +0100, you wrote:

>I just had a curious behavior:
>
>For the first time since a long time, mythtv-setup began a scan and found
>channels. But then suddenly the signal strenght was zero and then even after
>excuting mythfilldatabase, in mythfrontend I cannot watch tv.
>
>I found the error message
>"DVBChan[1](/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Your frequency setting (2768000) is
>out of range. (min/max:925000/2175000)"
>
>But I gave the frequency 10714000 khz that I found for Astra 19.2E (Gremany)
>and that worked in the beginning for me. It seems that the setup first
>accepted 10714000 khz (and worked) and then it jumped to 2768000 khz and there
>was no more signal.
>
>Can anybody understand that ? I cannot.
>
>Nice evening
>
>Klaus

If I remember correctly how things work, the frequency in that message
will be the frequency sent to the tuner, not the frequency of the
multiplex you are trying to receive. The tuners work with an
intermediate frequency produced by the LNB on your satellite dish. The
LNB frequency is subtracted from the real frequency of the multiplex
to get the frequency the tuner needs to tune to. So for my satellite
(Optus D1 160.0E), if I want to tune to one of my multiplexes on
12456000 kHz, with my LNB frequency of 10750 MHz, then the tuner needs
to be set to the frequency of:

12,456,000 kHz - 10,750,000 kHz = 1,706,000 kHz

The way LNBs work in Europe is that there are normally two LNBs on
different frequencies, to extend the range of frequencies that your
tuner is able to receive from. If your satellite dish works like
that, then it looks like your LNB settings may only have the lower LNB
frequency in them, so when you try to tune to a multiplex on a
frequency that is too high to be received with the low frequency LNB,
the frequency calculated to receive from is too high for your tuner
hardware. What should be happening is that the LNB settings have a
frequency setting above which the upper frequency LNB should be used.
So when you try to tune to a frequency above that setting, mythbackend
will send out a signal to the satellite dish to tell it to switch to
the upper frequency LNB and then will subtract the LNB frequency of
that LNB, and that will produce a frequency sent to the tuner card
that is within its frequency range.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Hi Klaus!

> Hi Martin and everybody.
>
> I tried Mythbuntu and LINHES, nothing works for me. So I returned to Debian
> Stretch I use every day.

That could have been a portion of the problem:  IIRC Mythbuntu is being
dropped in favour of using a full-fledged operating system. (Mythbuntu
was what I would call a partial operating system, in that it only had
data to support the MythTV application. [Almost sounds like I'm being
condescending - by no means!])

> I succeeded to resolve the locale problem by putting
> export LC_ALL="fr_FR.UTF-8"

Yeah!  :)

> Before the excellent programm cherrytree would no more start because of the
> locale problem, now it works again.
I don't know what 'cherrytree' is but Googling comes up with a note
taking application, and not sure if it would not start because of the
locale problem but also possibly because of the partial OS problem
(Mythbuntu vs. Debian Stretch.  ...Whoa! Are you /the/ Klaus Becker who
did the French language support in cherrytree?!

> But mythtv-setup still says :
> This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8
> codeset, and many features may behave improperly with your current language
> settings. Please set the LANG variable(s) in the environment in which this
> program is executed to include a UTF-8 codeset (such as 'en_US.UTF-8').
> Setting QT default locale to fr_FR

I have no idea so will let the others guide you.

> I just had a curious behavior:
>
> For the first time since a long time, mythtv-setup began a scan and found
> channels. But then suddenly the signal strenght was zero and then even after
> excuting mythfilldatabase, in mythfrontend I cannot watch tv.

Odd it said it jumped to 2768000.  Was initially thinking a mechanical
failure: on an early system here (many years ago) I had a loose center
coax on a short (18" / ½ meter) piece between my splitter and one of the
tuners.  Found out the center conductor got shoved: one end had and inch
(2.5 cm) of coax sticking out and the other barely making contact.

I am essentially going to bow out of the thread as I don't know the
French and German television standards and would just be guessing.
Appears I was able to help with some of the basics to get you on the
right track.

Barry
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:03:31 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Klaus!
>
>> Hi Martin and everybody.
>>
>> I tried Mythbuntu and LINHES, nothing works for me. So I returned to Debian
>> Stretch I use every day.
>
>That could have been a portion of the problem:? IIRC Mythbuntu is being
>dropped in favour of using a full-fledged operating system. (Mythbuntu
>was what I would call a partial operating system, in that it only had
>data to support the MythTV application. [Almost sounds like I'm being
>condescending - by no means!])

Mythbuntu is by no means a "partial" operating system. It is Xubuntu
with MythTV installed on top of that. So it uses XFCE4 as the
desktop, which is a lower resource user than the normal Unity or Gnome
desktops and in particular does not need the compiz driver that is
required for Unity that uses lots of video resources. But the
packages that are installed on Mythbuntu are otherwise pretty much the
same as Xubuntu - it is a full operating system, just a different
flavour than Ubuntu.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 13:42, George Poulson <george.poulson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I find the output at the bottom of the mythweb page equally useful:

That should of course have been "the bottom of the mythweb status page"
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 02/20/2019 08:50 AM, George Poulson wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 13:42, George Poulson wrote:
>
> I find the output at the bottom of the mythweb page equally useful:
>
> That should of course have been "the bottom of the mythweb status page"

Ah, yeah, that's the easiest place to find it.
Re: Mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Finally got mine straightened out (using mythbackend to spawn mythfilldatabase).  In my (fedora) mythbackend.service file, the Environment=MYTHCONFDIR=/etc/mythtv tells mythbackend (and mythfilldatabase) to look in /etc/mythtv for its .xmltv file(s), which were residing in /var/lib/mythtv, which is the home directory of the mythtv user (that mythbackend runs as) as defined in /etc/passwd.  I figured out what went wrong by looking at /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase*, which told me it couldn't find the .xmltv file in /etc/mythtv.  As root, I symlinked from /etc/mythtv/*.xmltv to /var/lib/mythtv and now have SUCCESS in the mythfilldatabase results.  I don't know about other distros, but all the docs refer to /home/mythtv, which did me no good at all.  What a convoluted mess!!

Dave D.
On 5/20/20 8:38 PM, Frank Phillips wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:26 PM Matthew Daubenspeck <matt@oddprocess.org> wrote:
Just recently updated to mythtv 31.0 on Arch Linux. I moved the
SchedulesDirect setup to tv_grab_zz_sdjson and am having a very strange
thing happen which I can't figure out.

If I run mythfilldatabase manually at the commandline, everything works
perfectly. If I add it to a cron job, it fails with the following error:

tv_grab_zz_sdjson  --capabilities failed or we timed out waiting. You
may need to upgrade your xmltv grabber

Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_zz_sdjson is not supported. You may
need to upgrade to the latest version of XMLTV.

Again, it works perfectly, as long as it isn't run from cron and I can'tthe
figure out why. Any suggestions?

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org"]http://oddprocess.org

I also had this problem on Arch with the non-sqlite sdjson. My failure at --capabilities was because the tv_grab_zz_sdjson from the xmltv package is put in /usr/bin/vendor_perl, which is not part of systemctl show-environment. I don't know why your cron would fail, though.
I ended up creating a wrapper mfdb.sh to set PATH and start mythfilldatabase, and then set the wrapper in mythtv-setup as the target.
Frank

_______________________________________________ mythtv-users mailing list mythtv-users@mythtv.org http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users"]http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette"]http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org"]https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 May 2020 21:26:10 -0700, you wrote:

>Finally got mine straightened out (using mythbackend to spawn mythfilldatabase). In my (fedora) mythbackend.service file, the Environment=MYTHCONFDIR=/etc/mythtv tells mythbackend (and mythfilldatabase) to look in /etc/mythtv for its .xmltv file(s), which were residing in /var/lib/mythtv, which is the home directory of the mythtv user (that mythbackend runs as) as defined in /etc/passwd. I figured out what went wrong by looking at /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase*, which told me it couldn't find the .xmltv file in /etc/mythtv. As root, I symlinked from /etc/mythtv/*.xmltv to /var/lib/mythtv and now have SUCCESS in the mythfilldatabase results. I don't know about other distros, but all the docs refer to /home/mythtv, which did me no good at all. What a convoluted mess!!
>

>Dave D.

/home/mythtv is for Ubuntu, the most commonly used distro for MythTV.
Debian and Fedora use the directories you have found.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 6:56 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> 2022-08-13 18:43:44.687851 I Starting IO manager (write)
> 2022-08-13 18:43:45.435467 I Grabber has capabilities: baseline
> manualconfig preferredmethod lineups apiconfig
> 2022-08-13 18:43:46.186951 I Grabber prefers method: allatonce
> 2022-08-13 18:43:46.188409 I XMLTV config file is:
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/antenna.xmltv
> 2022-08-13 18:44:08.035065 I New static DB connectionChannelCon
> 2022-08-13 18:44:13.464033 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I113597.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:13.464340 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I113600.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:16.402484 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I124789.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:16.402876 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I124832.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:16.403256 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I124838.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:33.489738 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I71767.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:35.298400 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I72956.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.244331 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I99579.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.244642 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I99581.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.244652 I Updated programs: 907 Unchanged programs:
> 17812
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.616542 N Data fetching complete.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.616617 I Adjusting program database end times.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.616963 I 0 replacements made
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.616972 I Marking generic episodes.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.914149 I Found 485
> 2022-08-13 18:44:41.914165 I Extending non-unique programids with
> multiple parts.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.159573 I Found 0
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.159589 I Fixing missing original airdates.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.731674 I Found 514 with programids
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.732500 I Found 0 without programids
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.732509 I Marking repeats.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.770225 I Found 514
> 2022-08-13 18:44:42.770240 I Unmarking new episode rebroadcast repeats.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:43.025547 I Found 389
> 2022-08-13 18:44:43.710617 I Marking episode first showings.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:44.734166 I Found 22806
> 2022-08-13 18:44:44.734183 I Marking episode last showings.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:45.756245 I Found 22769
> 2022-08-13 18:44:45.763507 I
> | Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling. |
> | If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when |
> | the master backend is restarted. |
> 2022-08-13 18:44:45.764752 N mythfilldatabase run complete.
> 2022-08-13 18:44:45.764948 I PowerDBus: Closing interfaces
> 2022-08-13 18:44:45.766126 I Waiting for threads to exit.

Same here.

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 8/13/22 20:03, Kevin Johnson wrote:

> [...]
> 2022-08-13 19:56:20.308262 I  Marking repeats.
> 2022-08-13 19:56:20.351801 I      Found 384
> 2022-08-13 19:56:20.351806 I  Unmarking new episode rebroadcast
> repeats.
> 2022-08-13 19:56:20.707853 I      Found 415
> 2022-08-13 19:56:21.532541 I  Marking episode first showings.
> 2022-08-13 19:56:22.640073 I      Found 27003
> 2022-08-13 19:56:22.640084 I  Marking episode last showings.
> 2022-08-13 19:56:23.764173 I      Found 27123
> 2022-08-13 19:56:23.774327 I
> | Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling.  |
> | If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when |
> | the master backend is restarted.    |
> 2022-08-13 19:56:23.775569 N  mythfilldatabase run complete.
> 2022-08-13 19:56:23.775665 I  PowerDBus: Closing interfaces
> 2022-08-13 19:56:23.776332 I  Waiting for threads to exit.

If you have less than 14 days of program data open a ticket with
schedules direct.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Voila! and today I get a successful run.

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
I had problems for a while, I cant' remember what the issue was, but it
was at SchedulesDirect end....

For various reasons I use...
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 8 --file --xmlfile SD.xml

When I ran
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
I got an error about missing setup and I had to recreate the config on
my end even though nothing changed.
Use to happen every 2-3 months, then it went away.
I can't remember how SD grabber works and if you can you use
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
Or need some other incantation to use
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
But it would be worth checking that you are getting data from SD, you
don't need to check the data, it will be obvious if it fails.