Does anyone know how to make these go away, or know what they mean?

Thanks,
Cj B
Re: MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
As I posted earlier, download XMLTV 0.5.7. I posted it about 5 hours
ago.

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 20:02, Chris Black wrote:
> When ever I run mythfilldatabase I get thousands of these errors:
>
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric ge (>=) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na line 1934.
> Use of uninitialized value in multiplication (*) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na line 1938.
>
> Does anyone know how to make these go away, or know what they mean?
>
> Thanks,
> Cj B

Bryce C <Plug@BryceCo.Net>
CoBryce Communications
Re: Mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
At 14-2-03 02:02, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
>[manu@orient manu]$ mythfilldatabase --manual
>Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_fr is not verified as working.
>
>which is strange, considering that setup gives me xmltv output.
Mythfilldatabase only processes XMLTV generators it knows, all commands are
hardcoded into the source. perhaps this will change someday, but as a
workaround it knows (CVS version only) the option --file, where the input
is read from file. Try --help for more info, the --file option needs
several parameters.

>The download section of the Mythtv website says:
>"DO NOT use CVS if you have had any problems getting the last release to run."
>(which sounds a little bit strange to me, IMHO).
What was probably meant is that you should try to get your hardware &
software working under the last stable release (which can be quite a
beast), so if you run into trouble compiling CVS you know if your setup is
the problem or the CVS version itself.

Erik
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 23:55, Cedar McKay wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2003, at 3:48 PM, Jayson Garrell wrote:
>
> > Is any one else having problem with mythfilldatabase on Gentoo? I had
> > upgrade to xmltv-0.5.25 & html-praser-3.34 to get it working again.
> > There are no ebuild for those versions yet, so if any one else need
> > them
> > you will need to compile from source. I will create ebuilds when I get
> > home and submit them.
> >

> Just checked and mythfilldatabse is working fine here (Seattle, WA).
> Just running stock mythtv and xmltv:
>

> sagan root # qpkg -I -v mythtv
> media-tv/mythtv-0.12 *
>

> sagan root # qpkg -I -v xmltv
> media-tv/xmltv-0.5.23 *
Well after a little more detective work it seems that my main backend is
somehow the problem. I just finished a clean insatall of Gentoo on my
EPIA board, xmltv-0.5.24. An it running great.

Mythfilldatabase seem to be running really slow though. I am on a
384/128 adsl, and it ran all night only looks like it about half
finished. I konw it's not the connection 'cause when I ran
mythfilldatabase at my office, T3 line, it was also really slow. I
suppose that I can live with it for now, but if any one else is seeing
the same thing I would like to know.

Jayson Garrell
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Yes I have noticed that mythfilldatabase is running very slowly lately.

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Yes I am seeing it. Actually saw it , after 3 hours and only 3 days of progs. Thankfully, the development crew here in my subdivision put me out of my pain by cutting the cable line.

Stuart

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Dec 10, 2003, at 23:55, Cedar McKay wrote:

> Just checked and mythfilldatabse is working fine here (Seattle, WA).

You're in Seattle? Didn't know that. Me too...

Oh, and mythfilldatabase is working peachy for me also.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
I'm running Myth.013 if that means anything.

Stuart

Cedar McKay <cedar@aliandcedar.com> wrote:

On Dec 10, 2003, at 3:48 PM, Jayson Garrell wrote:

> Is any one else having problem with mythfilldatabase on Gentoo? I had
> upgrade to xmltv-0.5.25 & html-praser-3.34 to get it working again.
> There are no ebuild for those versions yet, so if any one else need
> them
> you will need to compile from source. I will create ebuilds when I get
> home and submit them.

Just checked and mythfilldatabse is working fine here (Seattle, WA).
Just running stock mythtv and xmltv:

sagan root # qpkg -I -v mythtv
media-tv/mythtv-0.12 *

sagan root # qpkg -I -v xmltv
media-tv/xmltv-0.5.23 *

best,
Cedar

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Rich Deeming wrote:
> DB dir owned by mysql not daemon...
>
> [root@r1 ~]# ls -al /var/lib/mysql
> total 28
> drwxr-xr-x 5 mysql mysql 4096 Jan 18 04:41 .
> drwxr-xr-x 38 root root 4096 Jan 9 19:42 ..
> drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 4096 Nov 27 10:44 mysql
> srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 0 Jan 18 04:41 mysql.sock
> drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 4096 Jan 10 10:53 mythconverg
> drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 4096 Nov 27 10:44 test
>
> Checking that SUSE starts mysql with the same args this is mine.
>
> root 2968 1 0 Jan18 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh
> /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf
> --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
> mysql 2997 2968 0 Jan18 ? 00:00:00 /usr/libexec/mysqld
> --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql
> --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-locking

amd64:/home/tdec # mysqlaccess -d info

Sele Inse Upda Dele Crea Drop Relo Shut Proc File Gran Refe Inde Alte Show Supe Crea Lock Exec Repl Repl Ssl_ Ssl_ X509 X509 Max_ Max_ Max_ | Host,User,DB
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- + --------------------
N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N ? ? ? ? 0 0 0 | localhost,nobody,info

amd64:/home/tdec # mysqlaccess -d mythconverg

Sele Inse Upda Dele Crea Drop Relo Shut Proc File Gran Refe Inde Alte Show Supe Crea Lock Exec Repl Repl Ssl_ Ssl_ X509 X509 Max_ Max_ Max_ | Host,User,DB
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- + --------------------
N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N ? ? ? ? 0 0 0 | localhost,nobody,mythconverg

amd64:/home/tdec # mysqlaccess -d test

Sele Inse Upda Dele Crea Drop Relo Shut Proc File Gran Refe Inde Alte Show Supe Crea Lock Exec Repl Repl Ssl_ Ssl_ X509 X509 Max_ Max_ Max_ | Host,User,DB
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- + --------------------
Y Y Y Y Y Y N N N N N Y Y Y N N Y Y N N N ? ? ? ? 0 0 0 | localhost,nobody,test

amd64:/home/tdec # mysqlaccess -d mysql

Sele Inse Upda Dele Crea Drop Relo Shut Proc File Gran Refe Inde Alte Show Supe Crea Lock Exec Repl Repl Ssl_ Ssl_ X509 X509 Max_ Max_ Max_ | Host,User,DB
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- + --------------------
N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N ? ? ? ? 0 0 0 | localhost,nobody,mysql

Rich,

Sorry I have to bug you again. You were correct in your message about my problems with the mytyfilldatabase.
I'm trying to determine if my permissions are corrrect as well as the parameter to start the server.
I am new to linux and mysql. Mythtv has my introduction to this new enviroment so many obvious things are not
obvious for me :-(.

Above are all the databases I have in mysql.

Do you see any problems?

Should I change the User in the mythconverg to mythtv?

TIA.

Initially I though the hardest part was going to be the module vide/sound and I was wrong.
Everything was easy until I start to deal with mysql. Well I will go step by step until
the whole thing is solved.

Best regards,

-=terry(Denver)=-
Re: Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
What version of IVTV are you using.
Re: Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Mark Gardner wrote:
> What version of IVTV are you using.

ivtv-0.3.2b
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
i had this problem. for me, it was a problem with zap2it servers being
down. i suggest trying later. email them otherwise. i emailed them right
away, so i'm not sure whether waiting or emailing them fixed it.

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 05/01/07, Jan Johansson <j2@mupp.net> wrote:

> Where is the setting to control if myth should automatically run
> mythfilldatabase. I have looked everywhere, but I must be blind

Main menu -> Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> General, and navigate through
to last page

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
>Main menu -> Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> General, and navigate through
to last page

Thanks!

I have looked there a million (well, not really, but a bunch) of times,
and I have never "seen" it.

believed to be clean.

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 20:18 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Hmmmm, I have been spending cycles on this for a couple days now..
>
> Why is the option to run mythfilldatabase automatically in the FE setup?

No one has gotten around to moving it to mythtv-setup...

-- Daniel

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 20:18 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> Hmmmm, I have been spending cycles on this for a couple days now..
>>
>> Why is the option to run mythfilldatabase automatically in the FE setup?
>
> No one has gotten around to moving it to mythtv-setup...
>
> -- Daniel

At least, not in time for .22. It's in mythtv-setup for .23.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22524/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup

Robert
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
> <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 20:18 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>> Hmmmm, I have been spending cycles on this for a couple days now..
>>>
>>> Why is the option to run mythfilldatabase automatically in the FE setup?
>>
>> No one has gotten around to moving it to mythtv-setup...
>> Daniel
>
> At least, not in time for .22.  It's in mythtv-setup for .23.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22524/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup

Ah - OK - Thought I might have been missing something :)
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
> <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 20:18 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>> Hmmmm, I have been spending cycles on this for a couple days now..
>>>
>>> Why is the option to run mythfilldatabase automatically in the FE setup?
>> No one has gotten around to moving it to mythtv-setup...
>>
>> -- Daniel
>
> At least, not in time for .22. It's in mythtv-setup for .23.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22524/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup

Aye. Saves having to try and run an abortion of a front-end on a headless
backend-only box just to set up mfdb :P

--

Mike Perkins

Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
>> <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:

>>> No one has gotten around to moving it to mythtv-setup...
>>>
>>> -- Daniel
>>
>> At least, not in time for .22.  It's in mythtv-setup for .23.
>>

>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22524/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup
>>
> Aye. Saves having to try and run an abortion of a front-end on a headless
> backend-only box just to set up mfdb :P

Well, in fairness, the frontend version of that setting is global, so
it will/would work when set from any frontend, it needn't be set on
the backend itself.

Unless you're referring to the frontend application itself as an
abortion, in which case....

Robert
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Run from commandline mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all to replace
all of the data. I usually run this as root, but I don't think
it matters.
--
Kris B.
[1]krisbee@krisbee.com

On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:28 PM, "Russell Gower"
<mythtv@thegowers.me.uk> wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to debug a problem with mythfilldatabae base on a
new Cento 6 system running the atrpms packages, when run from the
command line (as the user mythtv), it looks in
/var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv for the config files but when it's run
from mythbackend (also running as mythtv) it looks in
/var/lib/mythtv. I think I've tracked this down to the
MYTHCONFDIR variable in the init file.

My question is, is how do I persuade mythbackend to run
mythfilldatabase again without waiting 24 hours so that I can
test it?

I've not found anything on google, and have tried winding back
the "mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart" and
"mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd" values in the settings table by 48
hours followed by "service mythbackend restart"

thanks
Russell

References

1. mailto:krisbee@krisbee.com
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 11/1/2011 11:16, Kris B. wrote:
> Run from commandline mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all to replace all of
> the data. I usually run this as root, but I don't think it matters.
> On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:28 PM, "Russell Gower"
> <mythtv@thegowers.me.uk> wrote:
>> <not important>

Look at that email address. Users in the UK cannot use Schedules Direct
(datadirect) and thus should not be using --dd-grab-all.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 1 Nov 2011, at 15:16, Kris B. wrote:

> Run from commandline mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all to replace all of the data. I usually run this as root, but I don't think it matters.

Thanks, but the problem is that it works when run from the command line, but not when run from mythbackend.
R.
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 11/1/2011 11:36, Russell Gower wrote:
> Thanks, but the problem is that it works when run from the command
> line, but not when run from mythbackend.

That doesn't make any sense at all. When mythbackend runs
mythfilldatabase as a child process, it gets the same environment as
mythbackend, meaning home directory and MYTHCONFDIR will be the same.
Are you sure mythfilldatabase is being run by the backend, and not some
cron process with a different environment?
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 1 Nov 2011, at 16:05, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> On 11/1/2011 11:36, Russell Gower wrote:
>> Thanks, but the problem is that it works when run from the command
>> line, but not when run from mythbackend.
>
> That doesn't make any sense at all. When mythbackend runs
> mythfilldatabase as a child process, it gets the same environment as
> mythbackend, meaning home directory and MYTHCONFDIR will be the same.
> Are you sure mythfilldatabase is being run by the backend, and not some
> cron process with a different environment?

Quite sure yes, the only thing I've spotted and what I wanted to test is that the init script for mythbackend defines MYTHCONFDIR, which isn't defined if I run mythfilldatabase from the command line.

So when run from the command line I get the following in the log
2011-11-01 16:23:33.038 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2011-11-01 16:23:33.038 Using configuration directory = /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv
2011-11-01 16:23:34.381 XMLTV config file is: /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv

but when run from mythbackend I get
2011-11-01 02:32:42.162 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2011-11-01 02:32:42.195 Read conf dir = /var/lib/mythtv
2011-11-01 02:32:42.195 Using configuration directory = /var/lib/mythtv
2011-11-01 02:32:48.495 XMLTV config file is: /var/lib/mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
Using old-style config file
config file /var/lib/mythtv/Freeview.xmltv does not exist, run me with --configure
Re: mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On 11/01/2011 10:16 AM, Kris B. wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:28 PM, "Russell Gower"

> My question is, is how do I persuade mythbackend to run
> mythfilldatabase again without waiting 24 hours so that I can
> test it?
>
> I've not found anything on google, and have tried winding back
> the "mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart" and
> "mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd" values in the settings table by 48
> hours followed by "service mythbackend restart"

I think you want: MythFillSuggestedRunTime.

--
Bill