Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4  View All
Re: HDHomeRun [ In reply to ]
On 4/8/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org> wrote:
> So neither is *wrong*, just describing different things.

So along these same lines, I've been considering hooking up my OTA
indoor antenna to the second port of the HDHR. Using a splitter and
having the full cable signal on both was too tempting at first, and
now that I've done all the work of putting in proper xmltvid's for my
30+ QAM channels, I'm not sure if I want to try it another way. But,
I've heard that the cable co's quality of the feeds, even the local HD
channels, isn't that great. I also happen to get some music video
channel (The Tube) OTA, which I don't get through the cable co's feed.
It's good to know that if I do try, the OTA signal won't need any
"aftercare" like the qam signal did.
Re: HDhomerun [ In reply to ]
On Friday 14 April 2023 05:03:41 AM (-05:00), James Abernathy wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 9:53?PM Bill Meek wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 13 April 2023 08:36:54 PM (-05:00), Daryl McDonald wrote:
> >
> > daryl@trieli:/usr/local/bin$ sudo rm /tmp/hdhr_discovery.log
> > [sudo] password for daryl:
> > daryl@trieli:/usr/local/bin$ sudo ./hdhomerun_check.py
> > daryl@trieli:/usr/local/bin$
> >
> > Does this now indicate a successful run of the script?
> >

> > Looks like something I wrote long ago. It was intended to be run ONLY by
> > user mythtv. There was a comment at the beginning of the script that said
> > as much.
> >
> > The exit code would be 0 for success. The log has the actual output.
> > Exit codes are documented in the beginning of the program.
> >
> > But, here a current copy that prints to the terminal if run there. It
> > still logs to the file when run from mythtv-backend.service, *for example*.
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/wdrdTrfV
> >
> > --
> > Bill
> >
> > Bill, I've been using your hdhomerun_check.py version 1.14 for a while
> with success for both networked HDHRs and Local-Linked HDHRs.
>
> Any reason I should change over to this new 1.28 version?

Jim,

You can now run it from the command line and it won't create a log file (prints to
the screen instead). I does now require Python 3.6. I'd suggest changing the Forum
page (or I'd happy to do it for you.)

-- Bill
Re: HDhomerun [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 9:32?AM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 14 April 2023 05:03:41 AM (-05:00), James Abernathy wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 9:53?PM Bill Meek wrote:
> >
> > > On Thursday 13 April 2023 08:36:54 PM (-05:00), Daryl McDonald wrote:
> > >
> > > daryl@trieli:/usr/local/bin$ sudo rm /tmp/hdhr_discovery.log
> > > [sudo] password for daryl:
> > > daryl@trieli:/usr/local/bin$ sudo ./hdhomerun_check.py
> > > daryl@trieli:/usr/local/bin$
> > >
> > > Does this now indicate a successful run of the script?
> > >

> > > Looks like something I wrote long ago. It was intended to be run ONLY
> by
> > > user mythtv. There was a comment at the beginning of the script that
> said
> > > as much.
> > >
> > > The exit code would be 0 for success. The log has the actual output.
> > > Exit codes are documented in the beginning of the program.
> > >
> > > But, here a current copy that prints to the terminal if run there. It
> > > still logs to the file when run from mythtv-backend.service, *for
> example*.
> > >
> > > https://pastebin.com/wdrdTrfV
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bill
> > >
> > > Bill, I've been using your hdhomerun_check.py version 1.14 for a while
> > with success for both networked HDHRs and Local-Linked HDHRs.
> >
> > Any reason I should change over to this new 1.28 version?
>

> Jim,
>
> You can now run it from the command line and it won't create a log file
> (prints to
> the screen instead). I does now require Python 3.6. I'd suggest changing
> the Forum
> page (or I'd happy to do it for you.)
>
> -- Bill

Since you know exactly what needs updating, it would be great if you could
change it.

Thanks,
Jim A

1 2 3 4  View All