about 3 times, then quits with no error messages. Using MyPHPAdmin, I
verified that the user has full access to the DB, and I did update the
mysql file in my home dir. Any other suggestions?
Re: OS X Darwin Port [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the delay in reply. Apparently I was having some issues with
Alsa, which I think I've got straightened out. However, I still don't
have sound in the DarwinPorts frontend. FWIW, there is nothing I can
select in "Audio Output Device" under setup, and also no Mixer Device I
can select under volume controls. I've tried with and without using
internal volume controls. Any suggestions?

Re: OS X Darwin Port [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:22:33 -0600, Jon Bauerle <mythtv@crescendodfw.com> wrote:
> Anyone using the OS X Darwin Port of the Myth Front End?
>
> I found a link in a search engine to download it, and can't find
> documentation to troubleshoot it! When I launch the app, it bounces
> about 3 times, then quits with no error messages. Using MyPHPAdmin, I
> verified that the user has full access to the DB, and I did update the
> mysql file in my home dir. Any other suggestions?

try launching it from the terminal. It should give you an idea of
whats going on when it bombs out. I had a similar problem and it was
due to it failing to connect to the backend system.

Hope this helps.

Simon.
Re: OS X Darwin Port [ In reply to ]
I would bet anything, that your Mysql on your backend is not configured
to allow remote users. As before if you look inside the package
contents and go to MacOs folder and launch the mythfrontend, it will
run a terminal and tell you why it failed.

Re: OS X Darwin Port [ In reply to ]

Re: OS X Darwin Port [ In reply to ]