Mailing List Archive

Missing Spaces in "No videos in library..." Message
Hi;

I'm not a translator, but tripped across the following while working on
Trac 10388.

Note the missing spaces in the "library,or" and "directory,press" sequences in the following
(chopped off to fit in email):

git grep 'y,[op]' | cut -c-165 | egrep -v 'Binary|FFmpeg'
i18n/mythfrontend_de.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;M&q......
i18n/mythfrontend_el.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;M&q
i18n/mythfrontend_en_gb.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;
i18n/mythfrontend_en_gb.ts: <translation>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &
i18n/mythfrontend_en_us.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;
i18n/mythfrontend_en_us.ts: <translation>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &
i18n/mythfrontend_es_es.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;
i18n/mythfrontend_et.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;M&q
i18n/mythfrontend_ru.ts: <source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press &quot;M&q
themes/themestrings.h: ThemeUI::tr("No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press \"M\" (or

These originate in: programs/mythfrontend/videodlg.cpp VideoDialog::PromptToScan()

QString message = tr("There are no videos in the database, would you like "
"to scan your video directories now?");

If this isn't the proper place to mention this, please tell me where.

--
Bill
Re: Missing Spaces in "No videos in library..." Message [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On 3/4/2012 7:43 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> Note the missing spaces in the "library,or" and "directory,press" sequences in the following
> (chopped off to fit in email):

Yep!

> git grep 'y,[op]' | cut -c-165 | egrep -v 'Binary|FFmpeg'
> i18n/mythfrontend_de.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;M&q......
> i18n/mythfrontend_el.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;M&q
> i18n/mythfrontend_en_gb.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;
> i18n/mythfrontend_en_gb.ts:<translation>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&
> i18n/mythfrontend_en_us.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;
> i18n/mythfrontend_en_us.ts:<translation>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&
> i18n/mythfrontend_es_es.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;
> i18n/mythfrontend_et.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;M&q
> i18n/mythfrontend_ru.ts:<source>No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press&quot;M&q

They are present in all these files because they are recopied from this
file:

> themes/themestrings.h: ThemeUI::tr("No videos in library,or no files found. If you have configured a video directory,press \"M\" (or

That's a trick we use to be able to translate strings which come from
themes which means the culprit is in a theme...

I have tracked down which theme it comes from and will ask the author to
fix it. This will require an intervention on both his and our (Kenni or
I) part since this comes from a theme (the theme string extraction
program will have to be rerun).

Note that's it's not always easy to get those fixed (since the themes
are made by third parties) but in this case I am sure it won't be a
problem... (-;

> If this isn't the proper place to mention this, please tell me where.

This could also have been submitted as a translation ticket too (it's
not exactly translation per se but we can, usually, get those fixed).

As long as requests to fix things like these stay low volume I don't see
much of a problem posting them here since these will affect the
translators.

(If too many requests like these were submitted here it would become
difficult to track down which has been fixed and which hasn't...)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas