Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday
On 11 February 2012 03:41, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 20:28 +0000, Mark Kendall wrote:
>> Feature Freeze: 12th Feb
>> 0.25 Beta        : 4th March
>> 0.25 RC1        : 18th March
>> 0.25 Release   : 2nd April
>>
>> A 'soft freeze' for translatable strings will also come into effect
>> with the feature freeze with a hard freeze at the same time as RC1.
>
> Just a reminder to everyone, the feature freeze is on Sunday night.

As the soft freeze for translations is now in effect, I've updated the
stats for translations:

http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/master/

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
2012/2/15 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@gmail.com>:
> On 11 February 2012 03:41, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 20:28 +0000, Mark Kendall wrote:
>>> Feature Freeze: 12th Feb
>>> 0.25 Beta        : 4th March
>>> 0.25 RC1        : 18th March
>>> 0.25 Release   : 2nd April
>>>
>>> A 'soft freeze' for translatable strings will also come into effect
>>> with the feature freeze with a hard freeze at the same time as RC1.
>>
>> Just a reminder to everyone, the feature freeze is on Sunday night.
>
> As the soft freeze for translations is now in effect, I've updated the
> stats for translations:
>
> http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/master/

Hi Nick

FYI, the themestrings haven't been updated yet, so you might want to
update the stats again, once it has been done. I have a few things on
my todo-list before I can do it and I need to check with Nicolas if he
has anything. It was my plan to do it on the 12th, but I didn't have
the time to get it done.

I expect to get it done tonight or Friday at latest.

Best regards
Kenni
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Nick!

On 2/15/2012 3:15 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> As the soft freeze for translations is now in effect, I've updated the
> stats for translations:
>
> http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/master/

Good idea!

The soft freeze means that the strings are now very close to final and
that translators should now try to complete and submit their translations.

When the hard (string) freeze is in effect the strings present will be
final.

The theme string extraction tool as not yet been run but it should be
run in the next few days.

Thank you!

Nicolas

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Kenni!

On 2/15/2012 4:12 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
> FYI, the themestrings haven't been updated yet, so you might want to
> update the stats again, once it has been done. I have a few things on

LOL, I hadn't seen your reply before I replied...

(Must be because it's very early in the morning for me...)

> my todo-list before I can do it and I need to check with Nicolas if he
> has anything. It was my plan to do it on the 12th, but I didn't have
> the time to get it done.

I'll have to check something and get back to you about extracting those
theme strings...

There are quite a few strings to translate in the mean time anyway... (-;

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Nicolas

As new release of MythTV is coming, will the Chinese date/time formats
be added? Thank you.

Walter

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
On 3/8/2012 9:57 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> As new release of MythTV is coming, will the Chinese date/time formats
> be added? Thank you.
>

> Walter

Hi Walter!

I am currently looking into a way for you to add a new entry yourself in
the list of selectable date formats.

I was trying to get it ready before we went into feature freeze but was
unfortunately unable to so if I want to get this in (once I am satisfied
with the results) I will have to ask for a derogation.

(Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you... I had some problems with my
combination backend/frontend and had to do a complete reinstall so I had
no way for a while to test anything very exhaustively...)

But there is actually a way for you to add a new date format... It won't
be accessible from the drop down but any new install (or an install for
which you force a reselection of country (I believe the switch which
will cause this is -p )) will have it.

You need to create a locale file:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Locale_Configurations

The date settings you put in there are not actually checked against the
list of date formats so you can add one which is not currently available.

I will however work on giving you a way to add it in the date drop-downs
this week-end and will try to get the OK to commit it but in the
meantime you should be able to, at least temporarily, have a work-around.

If you need any help with the locale files, let me know (you can contact
me directly for this if you wish).

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Sending off list

On 03/08/2012 10:29 PM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> On 3/8/2012 9:57 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
>> Hi Nicolas
>>
>> As new release of MythTV is coming, will the Chinese date/time formats
>> be added? Thank you.
>>

>> Walter
>>
> Hi Walter!
>
> I am currently looking into a way for you to add a new entry yourself in
> the list of selectable date formats.
>
> I was trying to get it ready before we went into feature freeze but was
> unfortunately unable to so if I want to get this in (once I am satisfied
> with the results) I will have to ask for a derogation.

I still think it would be acceptable--even during feature freeze--to add
additional date formats to the list of selectable ones (and I think
we've seen that since they're used in the language/country prompt,
non-Latin characters won't be a problem). I'll support you on making
that change, now, and even on backporting additional ones to 0.25-fixes,
after release, if other translators give you other formats later.

Mike
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Thanks you both. I will submit a locale file soon and hope it could be
included in 0.25 release.

Walter

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Walter!

On 3/9/2012 6:09 AM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Thanks you both. I will submit a locale file soon and hope it could be
> included in 0.25 release.
>
> Walter

Don`t worry, these are like translations, as long as the file is OK it
can be committed any time.

Just make sure the settings you set are appropriate for your country and
not personal preference.

I`ll get back to you ASAP about the date format..

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
On 03/09/2012 01:08 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Sending off list

Oops. I guess that wasn't. (Perhaps I shouldn't send e-mails at 1AM.)

Mike
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
On 3/8/2012 9:57 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> As new release of MythTV is coming, will the Chinese date/time formats
> be added? Thank you.
>

> Walter

Hi Walter!

They were added in this commit:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ddc1e1e18

I used the hexadecimal codes in the source code to avoid any possibility
that the characters could be corrupted if somebody edited the file with
an editor that is not Unicode aware but you should see the right
characters on your screen.

I actually decided against doing what I wanted to do initially (ie add
new date and time formats using the languages files) as I realized it
wasn't the best place to do that (locale files might actually be a much
better place for that).

Having a way to add new date/time formats (without having to modify the
source code) will most likely be looked at in the future though but
we're too close to release to do that for 0.25.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Nicolas

Thank you so much!

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Walter!

On 3/19/2012 2:33 AM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> Thank you so much!

No problem!

I will be adding the new MythArchive date and time formats you added in
your locale file later this week.

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Thank you!

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
The GNOME date/time variable %e (the day of the month) does not exactly
match the Chinese usage, where it should have neither leading zero nor
space. The same is also true for %l (hour). But they are a bit better.

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Sorry if I didn't make my point very clear. It would be great if the
hour/month variables you are adding would have neither leading zero nor
leading space. Otherwise please just add %l (12-hour format of 'hour' with
leading space when there is only one digit). I will continue to use %m and
%d.

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Walter!

On 3/26/2012 10:05 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Sorry if I didn't make my point very clear. It would be great if the
> hour/month variables you are adding would have neither leading zero nor
> leading space. Otherwise please just add %l (12-hour format of 'hour'
> with leading space when there is only one digit). I will continue to use
> %m and %d.
>
> 2012/3/26 Walter Cheuk <wwycheuk@gmail.com <mailto:wwycheuk@gmail.com>>
>
> The GNOME date/time variable %e (the day of the month) does not
> exactly match the Chinese usage, where it should have neither
> leading zero nor space. The same is also true for %l (hour). But
> they are a bit better.

Unfortunately according to the documentation Python's strftime doesn't
offer that kind of flexibility.

According to what I read it actually relies on the underlying C++
strftime which, on some platforms, might actually let you have better
control over the formatting of the month and day but you can't use these
in a portable way (ie it wouldn't work on all platform).

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
So what are you going to add at first?

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]
Hi Walter!

On 3/27/2012 8:47 AM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> So what are you going to add at first?
>
> 2012/3/27 Nicolas Riendeau <knight@teksavvy.com
> <mailto:knight@teksavvy.com>>
>
> Hi Walter!

Please don't top post...

I am/was going to add

%Y年%m月%d日 (%A)

as a MythArchive date format

and

%p %I:%M

as a MythArchive time format to match the entries you put in your locale
file.

BTW, I did a test yesterday with %x (Locale’s appropriate date
representation) hoping the output would be better (ie no leading zeros,
etc...) than building it using %Y, %m, %d and %A but the results were
similar.

This is what I got:

2012年03月26日 星期一

(星期一 = Monday)

which is quite similar to what you did with %Y, %m, %d and %A (but
without the parenthesis around the day of the week).

Do you need additional MythArchive date and time formats?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday [ In reply to ]