needed to create an untraslated version of Italian.cat and place it
in modules/_shared/lang, also attached.

If someone is so kind to upload the files to CVS and add the reference line
in Translate.php, it would be wonderful.
Altough the work is not finished, it would be good to have the repository
ready to get a real italian translation for MythWeb.
Cheers
ganassa
Re: [MythWeb] Italian.cat and Italian language reference for Translate.php [ In reply to ]
Hi!

Sorry for the delayed reply, I lost my Internet access and just got it
back about 15-20 minutes ago...

On 2/10/2012 5:28 PM, ganassa wrote:
> Hi
>
> After discovering why my MythWeb didn't categorize and colorize program
> TV listing, I've translated Italian.cat and added a reference line for
> italian language in classes/Translate.php:
>
> 'Italian' => array('Italian', 'it_IT.UTF-8', 'it_IT'),

The name of the language must be in your native language (Italian is
called "Italiano" in Italian I believe).

> Attached are those files and a screenshow of the actually appearance.
>
> I'm going to begin to translate Italian.lang starting from English.lang,
> but I won't finish it so soon. So, to make categories work correctly, it
> is needed to create an untraslated version of Italian.cat and place it
> in modules/_shared/lang, also attached.

Usually you are supposed to create a new .lang files by calling
build_translations.pl (please see the complete procedure at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation#Translate_MythWeb ).

> If someone is so kind to upload the files to CVS and add the reference
> line in Translate.php, it would be wonderful.
> Altough the work is not finished, it would be good to have the
> repository ready to get a real italian translation for MythWeb.

Could you please contact the Italian translation maintainer listed on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation#Translation_maintainers.2Fcontributors
to coordinate efforts on the translation? He might already be working on
the MythWeb translation and if I commit I would actually make him lose
the work he might already have put in this translation. By the way
translation must be submitted in a ticket on our bug tracker (see the
complete translation procedure on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation).

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Nicolas Riendeau
MythTV translation maintainer/developer