Flo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
String freeze? New schedule? [ In reply to ]
2010/9/26 Florian Bittner <mythtv at daschatten.de>:
> Hi,
>
> i just looked at
> http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/trunk/0/result.html#de
> and was surprised because there are so many new strings. Is there a new
> schedule active? Where can i find it?

Florian, I have just noticed these ~120 new strings myself. AFAICT,
these strings will get removed again (eg. end up as not-translatable,
at least for 0.24).

There's still a few fixes for 0.24, which will change a few strings,
so we're not completely there yet.

A message will get send to this list once we have further details :)

Best Regards
Kenni
String freeze? New schedule? [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian!

On 9/26/2010 10:52 AM, Florian Bittner wrote:
> i just looked at
> http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/trunk/0/result.html#de
> and was surprised because there are so many new strings. Is there a new
> schedule active? Where can i find it?

I checked yesterday with senior devs and was told that there was still a
possibility of a few new strings.

There are already (probable) new strings planned for next week to make
some adjustments for some themes.

So we are not yet back to full string freeze.

Have a nice day!

Nicolas (knight)
Translation mainteainer
MythTV development team
String freeze? New schedule? [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On 9/26/2010 11:09 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
> Florian, I have just noticed these ~120 new strings myself. AFAICT,
> these strings will get removed again (eg. end up as not-translatable,
> at least for 0.24).

Yikes, I had not noticed that there were so many as we had not yet
updated our translation (we are not yet back in full string freeze and
the number of new translations should be pretty low so there is not much
to be gained by updating a few strings at a time).

To add to what Kenni has said these are only used for a service that is
only available in North America. If they stay translatable there will,
most probably, not be much to be gained by translating them.

(Except maybe for people like me who live in North America but whose
mother tongue is not English.)

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
String freeze? New schedule? [ In reply to ]
(Replying to myself... (-;)

Hi!

On 9/26/2010 11:27 AM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> On 9/26/2010 11:09 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
>> Florian, I have just noticed these ~120 new strings myself. AFAICT,
>> these strings will get removed again (eg. end up as not-translatable,
>> at least for 0.24).

Kenni is currently writing a patch to remove them...

> If they stay translatable there will,
> most probably, not be much to be gained by translating them.

They will possibly/probably be reintroduced post 0.24 but most probably
in a way that will make them shareable (more or less) application wide
(ie they will probably be all in the same "context").

Have a nice day!

Nick
String freeze? New schedule? [ In reply to ]
2010/9/26 Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk>:
> 2010/9/26 Florian Bittner <mythtv at daschatten.de>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i just looked at
>> http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/trunk/0/result.html#de
>> and was surprised because there are so many new strings. Is there a new
>> schedule active? Where can i find it?
>
> Florian, I have just noticed these ~120 new strings myself. AFAICT,
> these strings will get removed again (eg. end up as not-translatable,
> at least for 0.24).

These ~120 newly introduced strings have been removed in r26534 - the
statistics should show this on its next update :)

Best regards
Kenni