Mailing List Archive

Episode info in templates
How do you use episode info in a template?

How come (per the guide), this works

<template>%TITLE% (%YEAR%) - %DESCRIPTION%</template>

but this does not

<template>%TITLE% (%##x##%) - %DESCRIPTION%</template>

It seems like that should work, but it just prints ##x## instead of
the episode and season info. If I just do a field name of ##x## it
works correctly, so I know it has info for that particular item.

This is what I'm trying to use

<textarea name="title2" from="basetextarea">
<area>500,970,920,50</area>
<align>top,hcenter</align>
<case>capitaliseall</case>
<multiline>no</multiline>
<template>%TITLE%% - |SUBTITLE%% - |##x##%</template>
</textarea>

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos
Re: Episode info in templates [ In reply to ]
On 2013-11-25 00:23, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> How do you use episode info in a template?
>
> How come (per the guide), this works
>
> <template>%TITLE% (%YEAR%) - %DESCRIPTION%</template>
>
> but this does not
>
> <template>%TITLE% (%##x##%) - %DESCRIPTION%</template>

It looks like an issue with the regular expression used to extract the
fields. # is not a word character and therefore the matching fails.
The attached patch should fix that by matching against non-whitespace
characters.

--
Jonatan
Re: Episode info in templates [ In reply to ]
Jonatan,

Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy. Is this something that can be
backported to 0.27?
Thanks,

Thomas Mashos

Re: Episode info in templates [ In reply to ]
On 26 November 2013 09:53, Jonatan Lindblad <mythtv@comhem.se> wrote:
> It looks like an issue with the regular expression used to extract the
> fields. # is not a word character and therefore the matching fails. The
> attached patch should fix that by matching against non-whitespace
> characters.
>
> --
> Jonatan

can you open a ticket and submit that patch ?

thanks
Re: Episode info in templates [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 November 2013 09:53, Jonatan Lindblad <mythtv@comhem.se> wrote:
>> It looks like an issue with the regular expression used to extract the
>> fields. # is not a word character and therefore the matching fails. The
>> attached patch should fix that by matching against non-whitespace
>> characters.
>>
>> --
>> Jonatan
>
> can you open a ticket and submit that patch ?
>
> thanks

I didn't see a bug report on this, so I opened this ticket with the patch

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12003

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos