Mailing List Archive

Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire)
Hi again, looking to be able to place a semi-transparent shape underneath
the status icons that appears / disappears when the status icons appear /
disappear, similar to the arrangement with the coverart. However I cannot
make the group disappear no matter what I try. The status icon appears /
disappears depending on the recording but the shape remains no matter what.
Xml code is as follows:

<group name="buttongroup">

<area>853,633,427,107</area>

<minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

<shape name="groupbox2">

<area>0,0,427,107</area>

<type>roundbox</type>

<fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />

<line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />

<cornerradius>1</cornerradius>

<minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

</shape>

<imagetype name="autoexpire">

<area>10,10,32,32</area>

<filename>type/autoexpire.png</filename>

<!--position>10,15</position>-->

<minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

</imagetype>

</group>

Again any assistance possible would be greatly appreciated, Mythfrontend
0.27.

Mark.
Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On 25/08/13 16:56, Mark Perkins wrote:

> Hi again, looking to be able to place a semi-transparent shape
> underneath the status icons that appears / disappears when the status
> icons appear / disappear, similar to the arrangement with the
> coverart. However I cannot make the group disappear no matter what I
> try. The status icon appears / disappears depending on the recording
> but the shape remains no matter what. Xml code is as follows:
>
> <group name="buttongroup">
>
> <area>853,633,427,107</area>
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> <shape name="groupbox2">
>
> <area>0,0,427,107</area>
>
> <type>roundbox</type>
>
> <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
>
> <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
>
> <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> </shape>
>
> <imagetype name="autoexpire">
>
> <area>10,10,32,32</area>
>
> <filename>type/autoexpire.png</filename>
>
> <!--position>10,15</position>-->
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> </imagetype>
>
> </group>
>
> Again any assistance possible would be greatly appreciated,
> Mythfrontend 0.27.
>
> Mark.

I'm no themer but I think you should be able to use depends="autoexpire"
like this

<shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">
<area>0,0,427,107</area>
<type>roundbox</type>
<fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
<line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
<cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
<minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
</shape>

which should show the groupbox2 widget only if the autoexpire widget is
visible.

Paul H.

Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On 25/08/13 16:56, Mark Perkins wrote:

> Hi again, looking to be able to place a semi-transparent shape
> underneath the status icons that appears / disappears when the status
> icons appear / disappear, similar to the arrangement with the
> coverart. However I cannot make the group disappear no matter what I
> try. The status icon appears / disappears depending on the recording
> but the shape remains no matter what. Xml code is as follows:
>
> <group name="buttongroup">
>
> <area>853,633,427,107</area>
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> <shape name="groupbox2">
>
> <area>0,0,427,107</area>
>
> <type>roundbox</type>
>
> <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
>
> <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
>
> <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> </shape>
>
> <imagetype name="autoexpire">
>
> <area>10,10,32,32</area>
>
> <filename>type/autoexpire.png</filename>
>
> <!--position>10,15</position>-->
>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
>
> </imagetype>
>
> </group>
>
> Again any assistance possible would be greatly appreciated,
> Mythfrontend 0.27.
>
> Mark.

I'm no themer but I think you should be able to use depends="autoexpire"
like this

<shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">
<area>0,0,427,107</area>
<type>roundbox</type>
<fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
<line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
<cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
<minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
</shape>

which should show the groupbox2 widget only if the autoexpire widget is
visible.

Paul H.

Paul, thanks very much for the pointer. I couldn't get 'depends' to work
with shapes, nor could I get it to work with the 'autoexpire' widget but I
could get it to work with groups and the coverart widget - a slight rework
of the structure to bundle the shape inside a group and a few other tweaks
and I got exactly the effect I was looking for.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Mark

Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On Monday 26 Aug 2013 21:03:42 Mark Perkins wrote:
> On 25/08/13 16:56, Mark Perkins wrote:
> > Hi again, looking to be able to place a semi-transparent shape
> > underneath the status icons that appears / disappears when the status
> > icons appear / disappear, similar to the arrangement with the
> > coverart. However I cannot make the group disappear no matter what I
> > try. The status icon appears / disappears depending on the recording
> > but the shape remains no matter what. Xml code is as follows:
> >
> > <group name="buttongroup">
> >
> > <area>853,633,427,107</area>
> >
> > <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
> >
> > <shape name="groupbox2">
> >
> > <area>0,0,427,107</area>
> >
> > <type>roundbox</type>
> >
> > <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
> >
> > <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
> >
> > <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
> >
> > <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
> >
> > </shape>
> >
> > <imagetype name="autoexpire">
> >
> > <area>10,10,32,32</area>
> >
> > <filename>type/autoexpire.png</filename>
> >
> > <!--position>10,15</position>-->
> >
> > <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
> >
> > </imagetype>
> >
> > </group>
> >
> > Again any assistance possible would be greatly appreciated,
> > Mythfrontend 0.27.
> >
> > Mark.
>
> I'm no themer but I think you should be able to use depends="autoexpire"
> like this
>
> <shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">
> <area>0,0,427,107</area>
> <type>roundbox</type>
> <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />
> <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />
> <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>
> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>
> </shape>
>
> which should show the groupbox2 widget only if the autoexpire widget is
> visible.
>
> Paul H.
>
> Paul, thanks very much for the pointer. I couldn't get 'depends' to work
> with shapes

Note that in Paul's example one of the quote marks has been misplaced:

<shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">

should be:

<shape name="groupbox2" depends="autoexpire">
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV
Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
//snip//

> <shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">

> <area>0,0,427,107</area>

> <type>roundbox</type>

> <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />

> <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />

> <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>

> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

> </shape>

> which should show the groupbox2 widget only if the autoexpire widget is

> visible.

> Paul H.

> Paul, thanks very much for the pointer. I couldn't get 'depends' to work

> with shapes

Note that in Paul's example one of the quote marks has been misplaced:

<shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">

should be:

<shape name="groupbox2" depends="autoexpire">

--

Stuart Morgan

MythTV

Thanks Stuart, did notice the miss-placed quote-mark and fixed accordingly
in my tests but still could not get it to function correctly with the shape
widget, only the group widget. Actually couldn't even get the dependence on
'autoexpire' to work, only on 'coverart'. The linked group would not appear
when 'autoexpire' appeared, whereas the linked group would appear when the
coverart appeared. I even checked to make sure that it wasn't some sort of
ordering issue but even with 'autoexpire' set as the immediately prior
widget the 'depends' would not trigger the group to appear with the
'autoexpire' icon.

Mark.
Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On 27 August 2013 12:28, Mark Perkins <perkins1724@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Stuart, did notice the miss-placed quote-mark and fixed accordingly
> in my tests but still could not get it to function correctly with the shape
> widget, only the group widget. Actually couldn’t even get the dependence on
> ‘autoexpire’ to work, only on ‘coverart’. The linked group would not appear
> when ‘autoexpire’ appeared, whereas the linked group would appear when the
> coverart appeared. I even checked to make sure that it wasn’t some sort of
> ordering issue but even with ‘autoexpire’ set as the immediately prior
> widget the ‘depends’ would not trigger the group to appear with the
> ‘autoexpire’ icon.

Are you using 0.26 or 0.27?

On 0.26, dependencies are quite restricted and only works with text
and image type
On 0.27, it's been extended to work with other objects such as
progress bar, group, state

Having said that, I don't believe dependency on a shape would work
either... can't remember now
Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On 27 August 2013 12:28, Mark Perkins <perkins1724@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Stuart, did notice the miss-placed quote-mark and fixed
> accordingly in my tests but still could not get it to function
> correctly with the shape widget, only the group widget. Actually
> couldn't even get the dependence on 'autoexpire' to work, only on
> 'coverart'. The linked group would not appear when 'autoexpire'
> appeared, whereas the linked group would appear when the coverart
> appeared. I even checked to make sure that it wasn't some sort of
> ordering issue but even with 'autoexpire' set as the immediately prior
> widget the 'depends' would not trigger the group to appear with the
'autoexpire' icon.

Are you using 0.26 or 0.27?

On 0.26, dependencies are quite restricted and only works with text and
image type On 0.27, it's been extended to work with other objects such as
progress bar, group, state

Having said that, I don't believe dependency on a shape would work either...
can't remember now _______________________________________________

I'm on 0.27. It works with groups which allowed me to achieve the desired
outcome.
Mark.

Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 27 Aug 2013 11:58:22 Mark Perkins wrote:
> Thanks Stuart, did notice the miss-placed quote-mark and fixed
accordingly
> in my tests but still could not get it to function correctly with the shape
> widget, only the group widget. Actually couldn't even get the
dependence on
> 'autoexpire' to work, only on 'coverart'.

autoexpire is a yes/no statetype, by definition you can hide associated
elements by including them within the 'yes' state but not the 'no' state.

'depends' only works with textareas and images atm
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV
Re: Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 27 Aug 2013 14:26:52 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Having said that, I don't believe dependency on a shape would
work
> either... can't remember now

A dependency _on_ a shape wouldn't work as it's fixed, it has no
empty/hidden state. However using depends with a shape (<shape
depends="foo">) should work.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV