Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
2013/7/15 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>

> Good theming !

thanks for all the changes. Theming is starting to be fun again.
Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
Hi

Just a quick heads up, and hopefully the final addition to the
notification theme (looks like card animations won't be ready on time)

I added two states possible for errorstate StateType:
"warning" and "check"... It should be handled just like the state "error".

You can check the default notification-ui theme to see how it works.

Basically, just there to define a particular image when the
notification is either an error, a warning of a check one.
Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com> wrote on Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 01:50:57PM +1000:

> [snip]
>
> Finally, you can now have an object depends on more than one object.
> Two logical arithmetic operations are supported: & (AND) and | (OR).
> Expressions are evaluated from left to right.
>
> So you can do something like so:
>
> [snip]
>
> <imagetype name="image" depends="!mediastate&amp;!errorstate">
> <filename>damaged.png</filename>
> <area>18,18,144,144</area>
> </imagetype>

> So here, our image "image" widget, will only be displayed if neither
> mediastate nor errorstate are visible.
>
> I think those three new extensions can greatly enhance the
> possibilities on what can be done with a theme.

Thanks for adding all these theming enhancements, Jean-Yves. I have
one question about the logical operators in the depends clause. Did
you consider supporting the words "and" and "or" instead of (or in
addition to) the "&" and "|" symbols? That way we could avoid the
requirement of using "&amp;" in place of "&".

Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
On 29 July 2013 08:13, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list@zoho.com> wrote:

> Thanks for adding all these theming enhancements, Jean-Yves. I have
> one question about the logical operators in the depends clause. Did
> you consider supporting the words "and" and "or" instead of (or in
> addition to) the "&" and "|" symbols? That way we could avoid the
> requirement of using "&amp;" in place of "&".

this would only complicate things. Having single character separator
is trivial to handle.
having things like and or or any other words complicate things
greatly. Like "color" so you would need space and have to use %20
anyway...
Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com> wrote on Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 01:38:19PM +1000:
> On 29 July 2013 08:13, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for adding all these theming enhancements, Jean-Yves. I have
> > one question about the logical operators in the depends clause. Did
> > you consider supporting the words "and" and "or" instead of (or in
> > addition to) the "&" and "|" symbols? That way we could avoid the
> > requirement of using "&amp;" in place of "&".
>
> this would only complicate things. Having single character separator
> is trivial to handle.
> having things like and or or any other words complicate things
> greatly. Like "color" so you would need space and have to use %20
> anyway...

Are you saying we can't do something like depends="a and b", because
instead of spaces we'd need to do depends="a%20and%20b"? If that's
true, it's obviously no improvement over depends="a&amp;b". However, I
can't find any reference to the requirement to escape embedded spaces
in XML attribute values. In fact, I can create a textarea in my theme
with name="spacey text area", and it works fine.

As for getting confused about the "or" in "color", I think you could
deal with that by splitting the string on " or " instead of "or".
These operators always come between two names, so they must be
surrounded by spaces. Now I suppose someone might try to name three
widgets "a", "b", and "a or b", in which case depends="a or b" would
be ambiguous. But you'd have the same issue if someone named a widget
"a|b", so this problem isn't specific to the word forms of the
operators.

Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 31 July 2013, Joey Morris wrote:

> As for getting confused about the "or" in "color", I think you could
> deal with that by splitting the string on " or " instead of "or".
> These operators always come between two names, so they must be
> surrounded by spaces. Now I suppose someone might try to name three
> widgets "a", "b", and "a or b", in which case depends="a or b" would
> be ambiguous. But you'd have the same issue if someone named a widget
> "a|b", so this problem isn't specific to the word forms of the
> operators.

I see no advantage over using " and " over "&amp;"

If you used an XML editor, you wouldn't havè to worry about escaping
characters either...
Re: New MythTV notification center and theme... [ In reply to ]
Hi there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately as it is definitely going to be useful I
hope) I had to make modifications to the notification center and add a
new state: "busy"

the "busy" state is used to display an in-progress operation, similar
to the MythBusyDialog.

Adding support for those is pretty simple. You can use a static image
or an animate image series.

For the default theme, all I had to do was to add a statetype:

<state name="busy">
<area>0,0,100%,100%</area>
<imagetype name="animation">
<area>40,40,105,105</area>
<filepattern low="0"
high="24">busyimages/%1.png</filepattern>
<delay>250</delay>
</imagetype>
</state>

which I extracted from the base.xml