Mailing List Archive

Where is the text on the buttons in the Videos UI described
Hi,

I have setup videos to use Storage Groups and running it as list view.

When I have a video that is a TV series and say season 5 episode 6 and I
want that info to come through to the details section at the bottom, then I
seem to be forced to have a button that has "5x6" in the button text. I want
to change the button text to simply the name of the episode.

I have searched and I can't find out whether this is done in code or the
theme, can anyone tell me ?

On a side note is it possible to use an xml file to describe the metadata on
videos rather than do it in the file name. From what I can see pre-populated
metadata has to be done via a suitably constructed filename ?

thanks
Re: Where is the text on the buttons in the Videos UI described [ In reply to ]
2012/8/27 <ajp@cantabrian.co.nz>

> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> I have setup videos to use Storage Groups and running it as list view.****
>
> ** **
>
> When I have a video that is a TV series and say season 5 episode 6 and I
> want that info to come through to the details section at the bottom, then I
> seem to be forced to have a button that has “5x6” in the button text. I
> want to change the button text to simply the name of the episode.****
>
> ** **
>
> I have searched and I can’t find out whether this is done in code or the
> theme, can anyone tell me ?****

not knowing which theme you use I would point you to this wiki page
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video-ui.xml

what you are probably looking for ist the ##x## textarea in the theme.

Cheers

Elkin
Re: Where is the text on the buttons in the Videos UI described [ In reply to ]
Elkin,

I am using a custom theme I am working on and it is based on blue abstract
wide.

If I search all the files in blue abstract I cannot find a string "##x##".
In fact if I search all themes I only see this string in "default" and
"MythCenter" in "video-us.xml".

It looks like:

<textarea name="##x##" from="basetextarea">

<area>560,45,100,100</area>

<multiline>yes</multiline>

</textarea>

I am unsure how this will help me as ="##x##" is only the name of the
textarea and if I look at "basetextarea" it looks like:

<textarea name="basetextarea">

<area>0,0,10,10</area>

<multiline>no</multiline>

<align>left</align>

</textarea>

Any more clues you can give me are appreciated
Re: Where is the text on the buttons in the Videos UI described [ In reply to ]
2012/8/28 <ajp@cantabrian.co.nz>

> Any more clues you can give me are appreciated****

could you post a screenshot of the issue you are having?
Re: Where is the text on the buttons in the Videos UI described [ In reply to ]
Screenshot as requested